Aaron Judge -requested-

thiccolasmara

I get off the plane and quickly order an Uber. I haven't seen Aaron in almost two months, and the time apart has been killing me.

It's been affecting him too apparently. He's gone over 30 at-bats without a hit; a career high for him. He'd call me after every game and vent about how horrible he's been doing and how he's going to be sent down if he doesn't get his shit together.

I hate hearing him putting himself down over this, so I decided to surprise him before tonight's game to see if I could help put him in a different headspace.

I found my Uber and gave him the address to the stadium. We make small talk, and he asks where I flew in from.

I told him I came from California to watch my boyfriend play.

Once I tell him which Yankee I'm dating, he starts gushing about Aaron.

"He's in a big slump right now, but he's going to be the reason I get to watch my team win one more ring before I go."

I smile at the aged man, assuring him that this year will be the year again. The Yankee's aren't unfamiliar with winning it all, but the fact that they're not as dominant as they used to be takes a toll on fans.

If only Aaron knew how many people have just as much confidence in him as I do. These past days he's been ragging on himself for letting his fans down, but if only he could see how much they're still rooting for him. The loyal ones at least.

We pull up to the stadium, and I thank him, promising to say hi to Aaron for him.

I make my way to the field, knowing Aaron would be in the dugout by now. He likes sitting there before games to sign autographs and to get himself mentally ready.

I spot Giancarlo signing a ball for a kid, and I whistle to grab his attention.

"Maddie! Hey! Does Aaron know you're here?" He exclaims, helping me over the wall so I can hug him.

"He doesn't; I was hoping to surprise him. Maybe it'll help get him out of whatever funk he's in right now."

Giancarlo nods and looks towards the dugout. "Then what are you waiting for? You know where he is."

I smile, giving him a small, friendly squeeze on his shoulder before walking towards the dugout.

I spot my boyfriend in the corner. He had his head down and his headphones in, most likely listening to that god-awful rap music he loves to play in his car.

I take the seat next to him, rolling my eyes when he doesn't even acknowledge the fact that someone sat next to him.

I take one of his earbuds out, and he's about to snap until he realizes I was the one who did it.

He stares at me for a second before pulling me into a tight hug. I wrap my arms around him, letting myself melt in his scent. He was wearing the cologne I had gotten him for his birthday.

He kisses my forehead, before pulling away and looking down at me. "What are you doing here?" He asks. He sits on the bench, and I can't help but chuckle when he pulls me down into his lap.

"I thought maybe I could bring a bit of good luck for you."

He smiles at me, leaning down and kissing my lips. "Thank you, but now I feel bad. Boone benched me for the night."

"It's okay; I'm here for a few days. I'll get to see you play, I promise."

He nods and kisses me once more before standing up. "The other guys are coming; I have to go. Thank you for coming, I've missed you."