Cody Bellinger -requested-

BraidsandBaseball

I've always had some sort of a crush on Cody. I had been best friends with Cole since we were children and Cody had always let us hang around with him. By the time I was 15, I had suspected that maybe Cody had a thing for me too, but even if we both had feelings for each other at the time, the age gap was always in play.

But now I'm 18 and maybe something could happen. I doubt it though, today is the first time I've seen Cody in months; he's been so busy with baseball. And since I'm doing online school for college, I've been following Cole around while he's in the farm systems because he told me he didn't want to go alone.

Cole and I stood by the first base dugout and waited for Cody to come out so he could let us on the field. When he finally came he spotted us right away. He told the security card who came and helped Cole and me down.

"Aww what's up guys?" Cody asked, giving us both hugs. "I haven't seen you two since you guys graduated and it's like September now."

"That wasn't that long ago." Cole laughed.

"Well it had been a few months before that two. I only came down for two days when you guys were graduating, then it was back to playing baseball."

Cole laughed again and gave his brother another hug. He had missed Cody a lot, it was cute.

"What about you Emily, how have you been?" He asks with a big smile.

"I'm doing fine, been following this bozo through the farm system since he's too scared to do it himself." I say, nudging Cole.

"I'm not scared I just don't like meeting new people. I'm a shy dude!" Cole defends himself.

Cody laughs and playfully punches his brother in the shoulder. "Alright well it was great being able to see you guys, wait for me after the game." We nodded and turned to walk away. I jumped when I felt someone grab my arm and turn me back around. "Can you meet me down by the locker room after the game is over, just you?" Cody asks, handing me a pass that I'm guessing could get me through to the locker room.

I took it out of his hand and looked over it. "Yea I will. Good luck stud." I say, causing him to blush and smile. I use to say that to him before everyone of his high school games and I haven't gotten to call tell him that since Cole had invited me to Cody's first major league game in April.

"Thanks Em." He starts walking away and I start walking back to Cole.

"What was that about?" Cole asks while we show the ticket guy our vip tickets that get us behind home plate.

"He gave me some pass so I could come down to the locker room and talk to him after the game."

"Talk to him about what?"

I shrugged. "I'm not really sure."

He nodded and we stood back up to go get some food before the game started. We came back and spread it out amongst ourselves.

I put my legs over Cole's lap so could use them as his "table" and ate my nachos while we waited for the game to proceed.

The game dragged on but eventually came out with a rare dodgers loss. I knew that Cody wouldn't be upset though, he had a pretty good game. He made a few great plays at first and ended up going 3-4 with two doubles and a single.

"Where do you want me to meet you when I'm done talking to your brother?" I stand up and ask Cole.

"I'm just gonna go back to the car."

"We took the trolley here, what car?" I ask with a small laugh.

"Cody's. He's taking us out to dinner after, at least that's what he said."

"And if it's Cody plan that means he's taking us to Chipotle."

"Yea probably." Cole nods and we both laugh.

We both walk our separate ways and I show my pass to the security guard. He takes me down to the locker room and shows me where I can wait for Cody to come out. I thank him and sit down on one of the chairs.

"Em." I hear. I turn around and see Cody in gym shorts and a t-shirt.

He tells me to follow him so I do and we end up going to some random hallway. "Why are we here?" I laugh and lean up against wall. Cody stands over me and I could feel my breathing hitch- he was so close to me.

"I want to try something." He whispers, his face inches away from mine.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What?"

His lips instantly caught mine and he grabbed my waist, pulling me to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss back.

He pulls away and mumbles into my neck, "I've been wanting to do that for so long now."