Cole Bellinger -requested-

belliseggos

"Victoria, come in! Are your parents behind you?" Jennifer opened the door and greeted me with a hug.

"Yea they're just grabbing the ice out of the back of the car, they'll be in in a minute."

"Okay that's awesome. Ashli's in her room and Cody and Cole are outside. Clay just left to go fill the propane tank so go wherever sweetie, you know our home is your home." I smiled and thanked her before walking down the hallway into Ashli's room. Ashli was 7 years older then me but she had always been like an older sister to me.

"Vic, you're here!" Ashli wrapped me in a hug when she saw me in her doorway. We chit chatted for a while before both changing into our swimming suits and going outside.

Clay and my dad played together on the Yankees for a few years and have been best friends ever since. Our families would have a barbecue every March after Spring Training would start and even though Clay and my dad had both retired and our family had moved back to Arizona, both of our families still like to keep the tradition.

"Victoria!" Cody and Cole both screamed and attacked me in a hug. I greeted them both and hugged them back. Cody quickly excused himself and went to say hi to my parents, leaving me behind with Cole.

"It's been too long Vic, you only live 30 minutes away now, we need to hang out more." Cole wrapped me in another hug and smiled at me.

"Graduations about to come up, I've been really focused on actually trying to pass high school." I said with a laugh. My grades have never been the best and college honestly wasn't in my best interests.

"I know right, the drafts coming up and I'm stressing out. I don't care about graduation, just the draft." He laughed making me laugh too. We both smiled and looked at each other for a while until the tension became awkward.

"You have a really pretty smile Victoria." Cole said quietly.

I blushed and looked down, I had never felt like this around Cole, what was so different now?

"Can you come inside, I need to talk to you about something." He asked. I nodded and we started walking inside and into the living room where no one was.

"What's wrong Cole?"

We sat down on the coach and turned so we both faced each other.. "I like you Victoria."

My eyes went wide and I held back a gasp.

"Like, I really like you. I have since we were nine. I just needed you to know."

I looked at Cole and my lips parted slightly. His face looked as serious as could be and I knew he wasn't playing around.

I had never thought about Cole like that but now that he was telling me all of this, I couldn't help it feel the same.

"I... I like you too Cole."

He smiled before cupping my face and leaning in. I met him halfway and caught his lips in mine.