Javier Baez -requested-

Emily_Baez9

  I took my seat and admired what was in front of. Being cousins with Kris Bryant really has its perks; Kris had scored me first row tickets right on the first base line.

   The game was just about to start and I watched as the Cubs took the field. I was a big baseball fan, I was honestly more a football girl, but my cousin was my best friend and I wanted to support him. I didn't recognize any of the players besides Kris and Rizzo since those two are basically a package deal. Whenever Kris comes over he always has Anthony right behind him.

   Arrieta got the first two out easily, striking one out and getting a grounder from the other. When the third batter came up, he swung at the first pitch. He make weak contact and popped it up foul. I was so focused on watching how close the ball was to me that I didn't even realize the player running straight towards me.

   He leaped over the wall and caught the ball soundly in his glove. When he started coming down I tried to move out of the way but I was too late. He landed on me and we both fell to the ground before everything went black.

-

   I was sitting in the hospital bed waiting for Kris to come pick me up. The only injuries I had were a scraped elbow and a small concussion from hitting my head on one of the bleacher seats.

  "Hey Em!" Kris came in my room and handed me a pink teddy bear before wrapping me in a hug.

    "Pink. You know I hate pink." I said, holding the bear up and cracking a smile.

   "I know. That's why I got it for you." He smirked.

   I playfully rolled my eyes and set the bear down next to me. "Are you gonna introduce yourself?" I asked the guy who had been standing the doorway this whole time. I've always been outgoing and I've always been the type of person to speak my mind- I don't hold back.

   I easily recognized him as the player who basically sat on me and put me in here.

   "I'm Javy. I just came to say I'm sorry for landing on you."

   "I'm Emily. And sorry I couldn't get out of your way in time, I'm not the most graceful person."

   "This is true." Kris interrupted.

   I flipped him off before turning my attention back to Javy. He was cute, extremely cute. So when he asked what he could do to make it up to me, I spoke my mind.

   "Take me out to dinner and maybe I'll forgive you."