Chapter 15

Normal POV

     Dick came sulking into the living room. He shoulders slumped and head hung. He grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and sat down and stared at the TV from the breakfast bar.

     "What is wrong my friend?" Kaldur asked the ex - assassin.

     "They won't talk to me." he sighed and took a bite of apple.

"Who?" Wally looked at him confused.

"Chad and Cheryl. Ever since you guys found out who I was they had been talking to me less and less. And now they won't even answer me." Sadness seeped into his voice. It was the first time they had ever seen him so sad.

"Well that's a good thing. You randomly talking to them was annoying." Connor said quite rudely.

Dick glared at him. His sadness replaced with rage. "No it is it not a good thing project Kr. They won't talk to me!"

"Dude it's okay. That means your getting better." Wally said in a calmer tone. Trying to be nice to his friend.

"No is not. Chad and Cheryl won't talk. Not Mouse, or Jack, or Sam. Alex, May, Steve, none of them. I even tried Violet. But none of them will answer." The boy's voice had gotten quite once again. "I don't wanna be okay I want my family to talk to me." He whispered. His voice wavering as if he was holding back tears.

The youngest teen's head snapped up, his face in a scowl. "And it's because I came here! They started talking less and less when I first arrived. They used to talk non-stop! ITS BECAUSE THEY'RE ARE OTHER HUMAN BEINGS TAKING THEM AWAY FROM ME!" He screamed, then ran to his room. The older teens looked at each other, What could they do?

"Why'd he get so mad about it?" Connor asked completely confused by the boy.

"Well they were the only people or whatever he had to talk to for five years. I would be sad if they just up and left too." Artemis explained. That hit everyone hard, those WERE Dick's family. They may have been fake, and Dick knew it, but they were there when no one else was. And the kid had figured out that the voices had went away because he was around other people. Which was true. But know he was mad, he didn't like people to begin with, and now he probably wasn't thinking to highly of them.

Everyone seemed to be thinking the same thing. 'How do we help him?' But they had no clue. So what was the only logical solution. Call Batman. He could fix all their other problems, so why not this one?

—————————————————————————
Blood POV

     I'm in my room. Sitting on the floor legs up to my chest. My head feels so empty. I hate it, I hate it so much.

     "Chad?" I try again. I got a reply of silence.

     "Come on Please Cheryl." This was to sad for me to hold my tears back. I didn't even try. This was meant crying over. Again I got no answer. Heavy tears stream down my face, and they don't seem to stop.

     "It's because I'm here!" I think bitterly. That got me thinking.

     "If I'm alone again maybe they'll come back. YAH that makes sense!" I make a plan of escape in my head. I do like the team, but if I had to chose between them and my family. I'd chose my family faster than Wally can eat all the snacks. Maybe I could kill again, that wouldn't be awful. Saving people wasn't always my major, so I could just switch back.

     So I stand up and go to the closet in my room. I get my old outfit and throw it on. It still fit luckily. They had been feeding me a lot so much I thought I may have gained a few pounds. I grab my old mask and utility belt and put them on. I look in the mirror and crack a smile and make finger guns at myself.