❆ The Scar ❆

Elin let out a sigh as she put on her fur cloak and walk out of the chamber. Kerr is ready to be investigated again, and if he didn't confess, she's quite sure her cousin would never let him out unharmed.

"This way, my lady." The slave girl walks her to the hall, a candle in her hand to light the way out of this gloomy stoneway.

"My assistant and Amdis?"

"They're already inside, my lady."

The young queen nodded as the festing hall's door pushed open, allowing her to approached inside. Hagen is already there, his eyes look at her and nodded a little bit.

She walked straight to her seat beside Amdis'. He turned and smile at her a bit.

Then, her grey blue eyes trace along the vikings in the stone hall and met the piercing blue ones, the one that it's owner was with her last night.

Ivar looked back as his lips formed a slight smile, gaving her a good view of his teeth.

She rolles her eyes a bit and grinned back to him.

"Did you have a good sleep, Elin?" Lagertha asked.

Elin just gave the shieldmaiden a cold glance and moved her eyes towards her fingernails as if they were more pleasant to see than the queen of Kattegat.

"Elin?" The blonde haired woman's eyes became a little embarrassed.

"I'm sorry..." She turned her eyes back smoothly.

"I remembered that I was crowned..." She flick her gaze to Amdis in an asking manner.

"Six years ago, my queen." He replied, her cousin's blue eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Yes, silly me. It was a long, long time ago. So if you could forgive me, Lagertha. You're supposed to call me 'Queen Elin'. Not just 'Elin'." Her lips can't help to curled up slightly in a mocking smile.

Lagertha looks really like an angry owl in the cage right now. She wanted to drag her out into a single combat to show her some 'lessons' so bad, but unfortunately, the girl she's getting mad with is the queen of the Raven Mountains. She's not a fool. Ragnar once told her how great and brilliant are the soldiers of that kingdom, and how they would laid their lives to protect their kings and queens.

Elin made an eye contact with the boneless boy across the hall, smiling faintly, they let out a very low chuckle.

Ivar enjoyed watching Lagertha being snapped and humiliated. Aslaug once told him not to do so but somehow, he likes it really much.

"Enough with the small talks." She said finally, giving the blonde queen a (slightly) fake smile.

She never get to like Lagertha. The woman once suspected queen Birgit as a mistress of Ragnar's and her to be his bastard daughter since the former king of Kattegat usually went to the Raven Montains at least once a year.

When she was eight, the shieldmaiden sent a letter to her mother, trying to confront them to admit that they are Ragnar's mistress and daughter.

Elin remembers her mother immediately throw the letter into the flames with a usual elegant movement, her beautiful grey eyes filled with rage as she quickly wrote a new message to her friend.

She heard that Lagertha was being reprimanded hardly not so long after that.

She didn't hate her. And she didn't like her either. It's between the two feelings, maybe the 'feeling nothing' stuffs.

"You're right. Bring in the Berserker." The shieldmaiden nodded and demanded the slaves to bring Kerr in.

ϟ

"So now, Kerr. I want you to confess." Amdis ordered, circling around the man who's now put into a chair and tied up with ropes.

"Confess what?" His eyebrows tied together.

"Where did you find this?" A silver sword was held up to his face.

"This?" Kerr looks confused as he trace his brown eyes along the sword.

"It was given to me."

"Who?"

"I don't know, he covered himself in a berserker uniform and he got a hood covering half of his face."

"Anything more, Kerr?" Elin walked down the chair she once sat on. They are in the dungeon...only them, to have some more 'privacy'.

"I saw his left hand, it was marked with...somekind of scar." He added carefully, unsure that it would give more information.

"Scar?" She repeated.

"Yes, I think it looks like...some kind of a crescent moon."

Suddenly, she heard someone's breath stuck a little bit.

Her grey eyes traced through the room, and found Hagen's paled face, his eyes tries to cover his fear.

Interesting.

"Hagen." She called out softly as he flinched and came closer, hiding both of his hands under his long, thick sleeves.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, my queen." He whispered, laying his eyes down to the floor.

"Come here." She ordered.

He stood side by side with her unconfortably. His old brown eyes flickered back and forth as beads of cold sweats started to form under his cloak.

Quickly, the young queen grab his left hand and pulled it out, revealing the palm that has some wrinkles of time on it.

His face stiffened and his eyes widen in shock when she flip his palm down, taking a good view of a light brown curvy mark on the back of his hand.

"What does it looks like again, Kerr?"

"A crescent moon."

"Exactly." Amdis commented, poking his face down to examine the crescent moon-like scar on Hagen's hand. His eyes shone coldly.

Elin look up into her (once) trusted assistant's eyes, smiling unpredictably.

"Well, dear, dear Hagen. I think we need to have a long conversation tonight."

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Gary Oldman as Hagen