❆ Journey ❆

She hurled herself onto Mist's strong and mighty back, taking a glance back at the palace to make sure she didn't forget anything.

"Hey, sister." Amdis greeted as he drove his horse closer.

"Where's your mother?" Elin asked.

"Oh, she's busy making sure all the ravens in the peaks were healthy and well so she could always send them and check us up." He smiled.

"Hagen." The young queen turned and smile at the middle-aged man who walks to her with his horse and bow his head down.

"My queen." Hagen replied politely and hop on the horse.

Elin decided to take him with her. Her mother, the last queen, trusted this man the most. That makes him her advisor, and one of the most powerful member of the council, just a step lower than Amdis.

The other council members were standing behind them, their hands clasping together under their wool cloak.

"We wish you luck, my queen." One of them said.

Elin nodded as her head lean backwards to gasped in the fresh air of the mountains.

That's when she spotted something small and black flew over in the white mountain peak.

She grinned and can't help but chuckles, whistling and hold her left arm which is covered in a thick layer of wool cloak up.

The raven landed on her arm and let her held its small feet perfectly. It was the one she raised up and put into the care of Snæfrid at the Raven's Peaks, named Kari.

The young queen touches the black bird's ankle which is wrapped with some kind of a small scroll and pull it out, reading it quickly.

"You always know me so well, auntie." The corner of her beautiful lips curled up into a light smile.

"My mother? What did she said?" Amdis poked his face towards her, trying to look at the letters in the scroll even though his horse stands a lot distant from her.

She chuckles softly, throwing the scroll at her cousin. He quickly and precisely caught it.

Have a nice trip.

ϟ

The sun rises above the horizon, and the sons of Ragnar were sitting together on the table.

"They said that the guests from the far lands are coming." Hvitserk began delightfully as he dumped himself next to Ubbe, grabbing a wooden cup of ale from his brother.

"Where?" Ivar joined the conversation, drinking his ale.

"The Raven Mountains." Ubbe answered as he rolled his eyes at Hvitserk and took another cup of ale for himself.

"Raven Mountains?"

"Yes. Where our father went 6 years ago for the last queen's funeral."

"That's interesting." Ivar raises his dark eyebrows.

"Why would they come?" Bjorn asked.

"I don't know either." Hvitserk shook his shoulder.

"Which of you want to go practice with me after this cup?" The eldest son of Ragnar held up his cup.

"I would love to, but Margrethe is waiting for me." The second son of Ragnar politely refuses.

"Margrethe now?" Hvitserk whistles, teasingly laughs.

"Oh, shut up." Ubbe rolled his eyes.

"I see you really got stuck with her, brother." The boneless boy teases as he pour more ale into his throat.

"Well, a wife is a missing part in a man's life." Bjorn cock his blonde eyebrows.

"Speaking of which..." Ragnar's third son said slowly, winking at his brothers as he stood up and walk after a girl in blue dress.

"I have more things to do, see you at the field."

"Oh, such a flirtatious." Ubbe rolled his eyes back and forth...again.

"What, Ivar? Lonely? Or jealous?" Bjorn teases when he saw his youngest brother's face turned cold.

"One day you'll find your missing part, Ivar." Ubbe said, refilling the ale.

"When?" Ivar chuckles.

"Who would come to love a cripple like me?"

Hvitserk, who emerges out from nowhere, raises his eyebrows, sipping the ale from Ubbe's cup.

"We'll see, brother."

"And how many times have you stole my ale? That girl broke your heart?" His brother scolded, pulling back his cup.

"Nah." The third Lothbrok boy shook his shoulders.

"She's just...not my type."

"Womanizer." Bjorn commented.

Hvitserk grinned back.

"Oh yeah, that's so me."