Chapter Nine: Adventures in Babysitting

Start from the beginning

"I promised ma, she forgot she had to babysit today, but she has a doctor's appointment she can't miss." Clark sighed.

"That's fine, what time is the kid coming by?" Bruce ran a hand through his hair and kicked off the railing.

"Kids and soon, the younger one she's about ten months and the older one he's maybe five or six so it shouldn't be too hard." Clark offered, "I mean I've never taken care of an actual baby so-"

"Aren't you lucky you have me." Bruce teased as he followed Clark back into the house.

"I am." Clark looked back at him and winked.

Bruce felt his neck warm with a blush and if Clark noticed he didn't say anything about it. Knocking from the front door caught both of their attention and Clark went to go answer the door leaving Bruce in the living room. Bruce sighed not sure if he was entirely fit to babysit since it had been such a long time since Damien's or Dick's diaper days. Clark spoke to the mother a couple of minutes, laughter filling the air every once in a while and by the time he returned Bruce had taken a seat.

In Clark's arms was a beautiful, baby girl with crazy blonde curls and bright green eyes behind them was a smaller boy with short, wavy blonde hair and brown eyes. Bruce had to admit they were absolutely adorable. Clark placed the diaper bag on the couch and turned back at Bruce who gave the kids a sweet, small smile.

"This is my friend Bruce he's gonna spend the day with us." Clark ruffled the young boy's hair and he nodded.

"Hello, what is your name?" He moved from his spot on the couch and crouched near the boy.

"I'm Andrew but my mama calls me Andy." The boy beamed.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Andy." Bruce shook his hand and the boy's smile grew.

"This little one is Isabella." Clark tickled her and she let out a joyful squeal.

"Nice to meet you too." Bruce stood back up and reached his finger out at her for her to take but all she did was pat his hand.

Clark handed her off to Bruce and she gladly went with the other man. Bruce had let out a nervous chuckle but took her regardless. Bruce bounced her and she seemed to enjoy it cause she let out soft giggles. It had been so long since he held a baby he was worried he was doing it wrong, but if he were no one was complaining. Clark looked down at Andy who was rocking on his heels.

"How'bout some lunch?" Clark questioned.

"Yes!" Andy cheered.

"I'll race you to the kitchen!" Clark challenged Andy who had started running the second those words left Clark's mouth.

Bruce followed closely behind watching as Clark let the smaller boy beat him to the kitchen. He murmured soft words to Isabella who cooed at him and clutched onto his shirt. He had to admit he missed having babies around the house. Especially when Richard was a baby, there was never a dull moment with the boy and he and Alfred had the best time raising him into the young man he was today. Bruce smiled down at Isabella who cupped his cheek and smiled at him revealing two dimples on each of her cheeks.

"Are you hungry, Sweetie?" Bruce hummed but got no response from the little one.

He looked up to see Clark smiling over at him while making a sandwich for Andy who was bouncing up and down. Bruce took a seat and placed Isabella on his lap hoping that they had something to feed her while she was here.

"Who knew Bruce Wayne was a softy?" Clark teased as he handed Andy a peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich.

Andy took a seat across from Bruce and started eating his sandwich like there was no tomorrow. Clark poured him a small cup of milk and placed it on the table beside the plate.