Chapter Nine: Adventures in Babysitting

Might write another superbat fic, but I don't know yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bruce had spent the majority of the morning taking business calls and working on a new project for Wayne Enterprises and Clark hated every second of it. He had thought bringing Bruce out to the country would help him step back from work and crime fighting, but evidently, he was wrong. Bruce was on his second to last business call when Clark knocked on his bedroom door. He opened the door and waved Clark into the room still talking to the other person on the phone.

Clark stood by the bed waiting for Bruce to finish before speaking up. Bruce let out a fake laugh that no one but Clark could notice and he wanted to pull the phone out of Bruce's hand and hang up the call. Bruce talked about numbers before telling the person he had to go but to keep him updated. He hummed a goodbye and hung up the phone. Bruce looked up at Clark expectantly and Clark gave him a small smile as he shut the door.

"You know a vacation means you stay away from work." Clark teased.

"Yea right, you try running a major company without people calling you nearly every hour of the day." Bruce tossed his phone on the bed.

"Bruce." He spoke softly, "this isn't exactly helping you catch up with sleep."

"I know but I have one more call and then you can take me out to see Kansas, okay?" Bruce raised an eyebrow at him.

"Kansas? You want to see Kansas?" Clark stopped midstride, "I don't think you're ready for Kansas."

"Funny." Bruce scoffed, "I want you to show me everything."

Clark felt his heart skip a beat and suddenly he wanted to sweep Bruce off his feet and take him to his favorite spot in Kansas. Bruce's phone rang again and he suppressed a sigh as he went to grab it from the bed. Clark lifted his glasses and rubbed at the bridge of his nose before muttering a goodbye and leaving the room. Bruce watched him his eyes glued to the other man as Clark made his way out of the room. Bruce sighed hoping that there would be no more calls after this one.

~*~

Bruce stepped into the living room searching for the other hero who had suddenly gone missing. Mrs. Kent was grabbing her car keys and stuffing them into her purse when she looked up and gave Bruce a smile.

"Have you seen Clark?" Bruce questioned as he shoved his hands in his jean pockets.

"He's out back feeding the cows." She hummed, "I'll be back by supper time I have a couple of errands to run also his father is in the city so he won't be back anytime soon."

"Do you need help?" Bruce raised an eyebrow.

"No thank you, dear." She patted his shoulder, "I'll see you later."

Bruce nodded and made his way towards the back where he could see Clark petting one of the cows with a bright smile on his face. He watched Clark for a while longer as the man sweet talked the cows and occasionally gave them hugs. It was one of the sweetest things Bruce had ever seen and yet he wasn't surprised Clark was the one doing it. He cleared his throat and Clark's head shot up from where he was working. He smiled at Bruce and moved towards the billionaire while wiping his hands on a rag.

"Are you finally finished with work?" Clark tossed the rag on the back porch railing.

"Yes, apparently the company stops working when I'm there." Bruce chuckled and leaned against the railing.

"So change of plans." Clark straightened his flannel, "we're on babysitting duty for today."

"You're serious?" Bruce raised an eyebrow.