Chapter Three: Bro Brunch

There should be at least one noncanon comic book where these two kiss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bruce took his seat that was facing a large window; Clark sat across from him the light from the window making his light blue eyes sparkle behind his glasses. Bruce felt a chill run down his spine knowing that it was Clark's fault for making him feel that way. Clark cleared his throat and looked down at the menu hoping that the tension would clear. Bruce followed suit looking down at his own menu his eyes never leaving the pages.

"Everything on here probably costs more than my rent." Clark joked but Bruce could hear the worry in his tone.

"That's why I'm paying." Was all Bruce hummed.

"I can't let you do that." Clark shook his head causing Bruce to roll his eyes.

"It's fine, Clark, remember I'm the one who brought you here." Bruce murmured and Clark held back an annoyed glare.

The waiter approached the two with a polite smile and both men looked up from their menus. Clark felt his heart race in his chest debating on whether or not he should make an excuse up so that he could leave. Bruce, on the other hand, was ready to order his drink.

"I'm Andy I'll be your server for the day." He spoke smoothly, "what can I get you, gentlemen, to drink?"

"I'll have a mimosa." Bruce looked back down at the menu and then over at Clark.

"Uh-water is just fine, thank you ." Clark smiled awkwardly and Bruce rolled his eyes.

"He'll have a mimosa also." Bruce gave Clark an annoyed look and the waiter nodded.

"I'll be back with your drinks!" He smiled and made his way to the bar.

Clark looked back at Bruce his eyebrows knit together, "I don't need you ordering for me, Bruce."

Bruce ignored him and debated on getting French toast or steak. His mind was still a bit wonky from the lack of sleep he had been getting and he just couldn't make up his mind. Clark sighed knowing Bruce was too stubborn to argue with when it came to stuff like this so he decided he'd get an omelet and call it a day. 

The waiter returned and placed their drinks in front of them, "are the two of you ready to order?"

"I'll have a countryside omelet." Clark smiled and he could hear Bruce snort from behind his menu, "with white bread."

"Alrighty and for you." Andy looked over at Bruce.

"I'll take the French toast with extra strawberries and a side of eggs sunny side up." Bruce handed Andy his menu.

"Alrighty." Andy smiled before taking Clark's menu and walking off.

Clark sighed, "are we gonna talk about this?"

"This?" Bruce raised an eyebrow.

"You." Clark elaborated, "you were almost late for the JL meeting, you have jam on your shirt, and you practically passed out in the elevator."

Bruce looked down at his shirt noting the tiny spot of jam, "your point?"

"My point." Clark scoffed, "you're running on exhaustion, Bruce."

"I'm fine." Bruce waved Clark away, "in fact, I'm better than fine."

He didn't know why he was lying to Clark, it's not like the man of steel would judge him too harshly. Bruce shifted in his seat now grabbing his drink and taking a small gulp of it.

"Really?" Clark gave him a doubtful look, "prove it."

"How?" Bruce raised an eyebrow and swallowed the gulp.