Chapter 10: Jericho

After you hid your car, You walk up to the docks and saw the large rusted white and blue freighter looming over you. You look it over and saw in white letters, the word Jericho. "I hope I'm not too late." You muttered as run towards the ship.

You walk inside and see hundreds of androids inside as they all stand around and talk amongst each other and watch the giant screen, which had the news playing and talking about their revolution. You look and see in the middle of the room that they had crates of weapons. You walk by and saw a woman, with short blonde hair, sitting close to a young girl with a large African American man standing nearby.

You smile at them as they looked like a small family. You move your head and look up in the platform above to see more androids walking around. You start to wonder if this was a good idea or not but you shook your head and told yourself that you need to find Markus or Connor before things got worse.

Suddenly, a figure caught your eye as he sneaks along the platform.
"Connor." You whispered as you see him head towards a doorway up above. You go over to the stairs and follow Connor, just a few distances away so you wouldn't be detected.

Eventually, Connor goes up to the captain's quarters and leans against a wall, you were just around the corner from him. You peeked over and saw him look over his right, around the other corner, just as a female android with a long braided up red hair walks into view and goes down the stairs that was right across from you. Connor turns his head forward and you duck away from sight.

Connor closes his eyes then opens them to see he was back in the garden, Amanda standing directly in front of him. "Well done, Connor. You succeeded in locating Jericho and finding their leader. Now deal with Markus. We need it alive." She ordered him.

He opens his eyes and steps away from the wall as he walks to his right and pulled out his gun then began to approach the doorway to the quarters.

You quietly walk around the corner then make it to the other corner and peeked over to see Connor going inside the room. "I've been ordered to take you alive." You heard him say, firmly, his gun raised. You make your way closer to the door as you listened to their conversation.

Inside, Markus looks up and turns around to see Connor aiming his gun right at him. "...but I won't hesitate to shoot if you give me no choice." Connor said to him. "What are you doing? You are one of us..." Markus said as he walks closer to Connor. "You can't betray your own people...."

Software Instability

"You're coming with me!" Connor ordered. Markus takes another step closer to Connor then said. "You're Connor, aren't you? That famous deviant hunter. Well, congratulations, you seemed to have found what you were looking for...Our cause is righteous, and we are more than what they say. All we want is to live in freedom."

Software Instability

"Stay back or I'll shoot!" Connor warned. "Have you never wondered who you really are? Whether you're just a machine executing a program or...a living being...capable of reason. I think the time has come for you to ask yourself that question." Markus said.

Software Instability

"I'm not like you. I'm not a deviant." Connor said as firmly as he could, but you could tell that his voice was betraying him. That's when you couldn't hide anymore. "You sure about that, Connor?" You asked as you stepped into the doorway.

"(Y/N)?" Markus said, surprised, as Connor turns his head to you. "(Y/N)...I told you to stay at your house." Connor said and you shake your head at him. "You know I couldn't do that, Connor." You said as you walk up to him.