Chapter 3: Trying To Bond

Nov 6th, 2038

Connor opens his eyes to see that he was in a beautiful zen looking garden. He looks around but he only had one thought Find Amanda. He walks on the white walkway that leads to a bridge. He walks over the bridge to this large centerpiece where he saw a figure standing next to a wall, tending to some roses.

Amanda Status: Trusted

"Hello, Amanda." Connor greets the woman. Amanda turns around and smiles at him. "Connor....it's good to see you." She said, making him smile. "Congratulations, Connor...finding that deviant was far from easy and the way you interrogated it was very clever." She said as she picks up a rose and sniffs it. 

She turns around to face Connor and said. "You've been remarkably efficient, Connor."

"Thank you, Amanda." Connor said, smiling again. "We've asked the DPD to transfer it to us for further study. It may teach us something about what happened. The interrogation seemed...challenging...What did you think of the deviant?" Amanda asked him

"It showed signs of PTSD after being abused by its owner, as if its original program had been completely replaced by new instructions." Connor replied to her.

"This....Lieutenant Anderson and Detective (l/n) have been officially assigned to the deviancy case....what so you make of them?" Amanda asked as she waters the roses. "I think Lieutenant Anderson is irritable, and socially challenged. But I also think he used to be a good detective....as for (y/n), she seems very nice and is easily loyal, it's strange that they are friends. But they are intriguing characters." Connor replied to her.

"Unfortunately, we have no choice but to work with them. What do you think is the best approach?" Amanda asked.
"I will adapt to their personality. It is in the best interest of the investigation that I avoid conflict and try to accommodate their psychology." Connor replied.

Amanda Status: Trusted but decreased 

Amanda huffs at this and she turns around to Connor, a look of anger on her face. "More and more androids show signs of deviancy. There are millions in circulation. If they become unstable, the consequences will be disastrous. You are the most advanced prototype CyberLife has ever created. If anyone can figure out what's happening, it's you." She said as she walks in front of Connor. "You can count on me, Amanda." Connor said to her, firmly.

Amanda walks a few steps away from him but then she stops and turns to Connor. "Hurry, Connor. There's little time." She said and she walks away as Connor's LED flashes yellow.

You were sitting at your desk, running your hands over your face. You were just contacted by Carl, telling you that Leo was in the hospital. Apparently, Leo broke into his home and was trying to steal some of his paintings so he could sell them. Well, long story short, he tried to cause problem and roughed up Markus but even though Carl told Markus to not defend himself; Markus shoved Leo, making him hit his head and knock him out. The officer came in and destroyed Markus.

You let out a sigh as you hear a familiar voice said. "Hello, (y/n)." You turn your head and see Connor standing next to you. "Hey, Connor." You said as you force a smile. "Is everything alright? You seem upset." He said. "Oh, just....a friend of mine's son is in the hospital. He was knocked out by his android." You replied. 

Connor gives a curious look but you shake your head and said. "We don't have to worry about it. The officers got to his house and took him down." Connor blinks then said. "Is Lieutenant Anderson here?"

"Not yet, but he should be here soon." You said. You point at the chair near Hank's desk and said. "If you want, you can take a seat and wait for him. I just have to file some of these paperworks." Connor smirks then goes over to his desk and sits on the chair next to it. You chuckle under your breath as you go back to the paperwork.