Chapter 5: Russian Roulette

Nov 6th, 2038

Connor opens his eyes as he felt rain fall down on his head. He looks around to see he is back in the garden but this time it is gloomy and rainy. He looks down to see he was holding an umbrella in his left hand. He begins to walk forward as he looks around and sees Amanda standing near a white tree.

"Hello, Amanda." Connor greets as he walks up to her. "Connor, I've been expecting you...would you mind a little walk?" She asked. He nods as he opens up the umbrella. He stands by her side then holds the umbrella over their heads to block the pouring rain.

"That deviant seemed to be an intriguing case." Amanda said as her and Connor began to walk along the walkway by the pond. "A pity you didn't manage to capture it..." she said as she glares up at Connor.

Amanda Status: Trusted but decreased

"Deviants are completely irrational, which makes it difficult to anticipate their behavior...but I should have been more effective." Connor replied to her. "Did you manage to learn anything?" She asked him. "The walls of the apartment were covered with drawings of labyrinths and other symbols. Like the other deviants, it seemed obsessed with rA9." replied Connor.

"What else?" She asked.

"It was fascinated by birds. We've seen other deviants interested other life forms like insects or pets, but nothing like this." replied Connor.

"You came very close to capturing that deviant..." Amanda said as she glares at him. If he was human, he would've gulped nervously. He knew that she was angry that he failed but when he saw how scared you were when you fell off, he knew he had to save you.

"How is your relationship with the Lieutenant and the Detective developing?" Amanda asked him. "She was grateful that I saved her life on the roof and so was Lieutenant Anderson." Connor said as he looks off to the side then he, absentmindedly, raised his hand to his cheek and touched the spot where you kissed him. He could still feel your lips.

As they make it to the bridge, Connor turns to stand in front of Amanda, who looked very upset at this, as she said. "We don't have much time. Deviancy continues to spread. It's only a matter of time before the media finds out about it. We need to stop this, whatever it takes."

"I will solve this investigation, Amanda. I won't disappoint you." Connor said to her, firmly. "A new case just came in. Find Anderson and (l/n) and investigate it." She said and she walks away, leaving him alone on the bridge.

You were sitting on the couch in a pair of sweatpants and a tank top, watching TV. (Pet's name) was laying on the floor, trying to lay his head down with the cone around his head. He let's out a whine as he was failing to get comfortable. "I'm sorry, buddy. Just wait a few more days and we can remove that." You said as you look over at him. He gives you a pitiful look, almost like he was saying why did you do this to me?

You give a sad smile to him just as you hear a knock at the door. (Pet's name) sits up quickly and begins to bark at the door. "(Pet's name), shush! Calm down!" You shout over his bark as you go to the door and open it.

"Connor! Hey." You said with a smile. 

"Hello, (y/n)." He greets, returning the smile.

"Everything alright?" You asked him. 

"A new case just came in and I need yours and Lieutenant Anderson's help." He replied. "Oh okay. Yeah, I just need to change clothes and I'll be ready. Uh, please, come in." You said as you open the door wider for him and stepped aside.