Chapter 14- Unfortunate Events

HANNAH POV

The next day, I woke up laying in bright sunlight and Adam’s arms were still wrapped around me and he was snoring. I sat up on the blanket, and rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes.

I yawned and checked my phone for the time. Farkle! 11:52! I had to be home by noon!!

“Adam get up!” I shrieked and started pushing his arm. “Get up I’ll be late!”

Adam got up, and started packing up the picnic things and I went around behind the jeep to change into my clothes. My hair had dried but the swimsuit I was in was cold and wet. Adam went around the other side to get changed to and shoved everything back in the jeep. Adam hopped in the drivers side, and I got in passenger and we sped away, bumping over rocks and hills.

We were in such a hurry that Adam didn’t bother taking the path, we were headed strait down the hill to the helicopter.

“Go go go!!!” I yelled Adam left everything in the jeep, grabbed my hand and we ran for the helicopter.

It was a really cloudy day outside, but it seemed ok enough to go in the helicopter. I called Abbie as soon as we lifted off, It was about a 20 minute helicopter ride, my mom was going to kill me, I had dance lessons at 12:30 so I needed to be home by noon!

Abbie: “Oh my gosh your mom will be so mad!!”

Hannah: “I know, but me and Adam are in the helicopter right now!”

Abbie: “WHAT?? YOUR IN THE HELICOPTER?”

Hannah: “yes..”

Abbie: “Its super cloudy outside be careful!!!”

Hannah: “Its not that cloudy where we are”

Abbie started talking to me about the thick clouds and stuff, as we were flying through one. I was confident we would get through the cloud, but it was pretty thick and grey.

“Adam are you sure we’re going the right way?” I asked him

“We should be going in the same direction, and it will get us to the landing pad in no time” Adam said confidently and smiled at me.

While he was looking at me I suddenly saw a burst of light and looked in front of us.

“ADAM LOOK OUT!!” I screamed

He tried to move but it was too late.

All I remember is me grabbing onto Adam while the windows broke into a waterfall of glass and the copter went free-falling and Abbie screaming into the phone. When we hit the ground I closed me eyes and everything went black.

ABBIE POV

I heard Hannah screaming, and I knew it wasn’t good.

“Hannah? Hannah!!” I kept screaming into the phone. I heard a loud crash and the line clicked.

I just dropped the phone on the floor and cried. I told them not to go in the helicopter in these clouds.

I immediately called 911.

I tried to explain what I knew, but it was hard because I was struggling to hold back tears. I knew the helicopter had a tracking system on it, so I gave the 911 operator the helicopter coordinates and they sent out ambulances. I got in my jeep and sped to the hospital, and sat in the waiting room. The hospital attendants told me that they just arrived, the helicopter is completely crashed and they do not know if the people inside are ok, they needed to search the parts. The helicopter was completely smashed, broken glass and pieces everywhere.

I cried when they told me this, I don’t know if Hannah and Adam were ok. Since my mom was on nurse duty, she came into the waiting room to comfort me, she had heard the news and soon we were both sitting in the waiting room chairs crying our eyes out.

I sent a quick text to Tatiana.

Abbie: Hannah, Adam, helicopter crash, hospital NOW

Tatiana: on the way

She was here in five minutes  flat, for her it was usually a 15 minute drive.

I took the paper list out of my purse, and just put it back in. I was in no mood for the list, that would have to wait.

The helicopter took a hard impact, pieces scattered everywhere. Apparently they had crashed into another helicopter coming in the other direction, but they had flown down and parked safely. The driver of the helicopter that crashed is down at the scene right now, he is so sorry and he hopes we don’t press charges or anything.

The pilot on the news was about middle aged, maybe in early 30s and was wearing a black button down shirt with old faded jeans and some of his hair was falling out.

“I didn’t know I promise!” he insisted.

“I’ll pay for any damages and 30% of hospital bills!”

He turned away and the camera was focused on the copter. As said, you couldn’t see anything but a pile of helicopter pieces, and a sea of broken class. The sight just made Tatiana start sobbing all over again and they said they haven’t found any bodies. Suddenly a few minutes later, the TV show interrupted for a breaking news cast. They had found the bodies!

Hannah and Adam were both unconscious and they looked terrible. They had them on stretchers and were lifting them into rescue helicopters

Adam was covered in blood, and he had a nasty piece of glass sticking out of the side of his chest, he took the hardest impact on the pilots side, the copter came from the left side.

He had chunks of glass everywhere, in his arms and even a few in his face. They had covered his legs in a blanket so I didn’t even want to know what happened to his legs.

Hannah was now awake in the stretcher, but she was in agony. She had some small glass chunks in her skin but nothing serious. She also was covered in blood but it was the blood pouring out of gashes from the glass.

They were both loaded into the helicopter and then the TV continued as the emergency broadcast went off. The hospital soon became hectic as nurses and doctors rushed to the roof to get Adam and Hannah. Adam was still unconscious and Hannah was screaming in pain as they picked the glass out of her skin. They rushed Adam into the ICU and  Hannah was sent into her own room, so they could evaluate the damages. My mom rushed off to help, and she said she would give us any news.

That night I couldn’t sleep, I had Tatiana over and she cried all night.  

 ADAM POV (right before the crash)

I was steering the copter, me and Hannah were flying high in the air, she had to be home soon so i was trying to rush.

I was looking at Hannah's beautiful eyes, just as she screamed "LOOK OUT!"

The last thing i remember was the freefalling copter and a waterfall of glass.

_________________________________________________________________________

OMG!! lets hope Adam and Hannah are ok :(

Vote, Comment, and keep reading my lovely Burritos!

Ps. I start school on August 3rd, and I will only be able to post on the weekends. Expect an update once a week, saturday or sunday.

And what happened toi Adam's leg O.o

keep reading to find out!

-Maddy