Chapter 7-Hannah's B-day

I looked around the room amazed. The room was very large and had one huge dining table running down the center of the room. There were placemats and plates with silverware set up at each seat. Various blue colored balloons were tied to chairs or anywhere in the room. There was a huge banner that read “HAPPY B-DAY HANNAH, WE LOVE YOU!” across the wall and harry potter posters around it. Today Hannah was turning 17! Me and Tat would still be 16 until our birthdays.

Hannah stood there breathless as she took in the room. On the side of the wall there was a table piled high with bags or boxes, her presents. At the end of the long table there was a large comfy chair with a birthday hat on it and said “b-day girl chair”

I looked to see who had come to this party, because there were so many table-sets.

Me, Tat, Adam, Jayden, Hannah (of Corse), Ally Jayden’s girlfriend, Jayden’s Parents, Hannah’s  Parents, My mom, and Tatiana’s Parents.

The girls always wondered why my dad was never home, but I didn’t tell the truth. My dad was a police officer, and one day on the job 2 years ago he was shot and killed. Tatiana and Hannah never knew, they thought he’s always been at work whenever they came over.  Luckily they didn’t question me on it. I think they found out a long time ago just never bothered to ask.

Hannah took in the scene before her, and did the unexpected. She squealed with delight, then ran strait at Adam, jumping in his arms and kissed him. Everyone else stood there with very confused looks on their faces as they just kissed. Finally Jayden yelled “GET A ROOM”

They broke apart, both faces red with embarrassment. “Thank you all for  setting this up I love it!” Hannah cheered.

She ran over and sat down in the birthday chair and everyone else found their seats. Me and Tatiana sat closest to her, Adam by me and Jayden by Tat. Ally by Jayden and Jayden’s parents at the end. My mom sat next to Adam and Tatiana’s Parents sat next to my mom, so the entire table was filled up.  Everyone started random conversations with one another, the kids talking with each other and the parents talking with each other.   

“Oh my god guys thank you!!” Hannah cheered in delight. We all got up and gave her hugs, Hannah and Adam shared another small kiss.

I leaned in and whispered in Hannah’s ear. “Dude are you guys going out?” she whispered back “We haven’t gone on an official date yet, but I’d like too” I nodded and went back to the conversations with everyone else. Ally and Jayden usually talked to themselves, they obviously wished they weren’t here.

The talking was mainly about Hannah and some old memories, when she was 5 and fell into the toilet, when she was 3 she would run around in a cowgirl hat and she always wanted a pony. When she was 7 she would sit in her room and read the harry potter books until she finished it then pick up another one right away, then that started her harry potter obsession.

After a while we all ordered our meals, we all got water to drink and a lovely chicken pasta dish for meal.  We all ate in silence, enjoying the great food.  After an hour, everyone was done eating and we were just sitting around talking more. All the sudden Adam yells “Present time!!”

Everyone at the table erupted in cheers and Hannah ran to the table to grab a few bags and bring them back. She was about to open a bag from Adam, when his hand grabbed hers and pulled it away. “open mine last” Adam simply took the bag and put it under his chair.

Hannah grabbed the one from me and Tatiana, a large blue box. She tore it open, and opened the box. Her face was so funny, we were all taking pictures as she opened it and she loved it. Inside the box was a harry potter hat and  wand from the little shop. She put the hat on her head, then held the wand in her hand as if she was casting a spell or something and we all took pictures.  

One by one she would open each box, or take the presents out of the bags while my mom cleaned up all the wrapping paper or tissue from bags. My mother worked so hard, sometimes I feel bad for her. She’s a nurse at the local hospital, then she comes home to care for me and Adam. Ever since dad passed away she’s been working double shifts to maintain a good lifestyle for me and Adam.

Present after present later, all the boxes and bags were gone. Hannah had gotten various books, movies, and jewelry.  She had movies in one stack, books in another stack, and was wearing all the jewelry and her hat.  The entire time she looked like she was trying to kick Adam’s chair or drag the bag out. I laughed softly at her attempt and she kicked my foot. “OH MY GOD HANNAH WHY?” I yelled while clutching my foot. Everyone asked if I was ok and they were all wondering what was happening. Ally and Jayden left the room a long time ago, they most likely took the car home.  Ally hated Hannah ever since they met in kindergarten. Once in kindergarten Hannah went to ask the teacher a question and Ally had colored al over her coloring sheet because she thought nobody was coloring on it. Hannah was furious! They eventually got in a crayon fight and the teacher had to pull them apart.

Hannah was usually everyone’s friend, one of the nicest people ever, but when Ally came into question they were sworn enemies.

Hannah was loving this party, having the time of her life. We all got dessert, we passed around and shared a chocolate cake. It was a huge chocolate cake with butter cream frosting that spelled “happy b-day” in blue frosting. Hannah got to get her own slice, and it was huge. Everyone else got small-ish one serving slices and Hannah’s was at least 4 servings. She gobbled it down fast, there’s only one thing she loves more than harry potter, and that’s CHOCOLATE.

After all the dishes were collected and trash was gone, Adam finally got the bag out from under his chair and Hannah grabbed it from him. Everyone got out their cameras anticipating Hannah’s reaction. She carefully pulled the tissue paper out of the bag one by one, leaving them on the table. She looked in the bag, we couldn’t see it but she could. Her eyes went wide and she  looked like she was going to cry. She reached in the large bag and pulled out  a beautiful crystal class vase with lovely roses in it. There was a small note on the flowers and Hannah picked it up. Her eyes went wide as she read it, then quickly passed it around the table. The note read “Hannah Burg, will you be my girlfriend?”

She squealed yes, then ran into Adam’s arms for another kiss

_______________________________________________________

Aww sweet Hannah and Adam, i knew they would get together from the beginning!

Vote, comment, or even help get more reads! It makes me happy when i see i have more readers!