Chapter: Eighteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I'm sorry if I've put a lot on the both of you." I said suddenly feeling like shit.

"We're good Vale...-"

"Things will smooth out once Shelby comes...I sent out the contract to the council earlier so her transfer should be pushed forward now." I admitted with a smile.

"Wow."

I nodded, "Yeah...I'm so amped man, I just want to shift and run I'm so excited."

"Well...congratulations Vale."

I smiled, "Thanks man...any luck with your own mate?" I asked.

You see when I selected Wex as my Beta he came out to me, I knew it was tough for him but he selflessly told me everything as he was worried that people may see me as weak or for some odd reason tarnish our pack in having a gay Beta, but I didn't see it that way at all.

And while he hasn't exactly said anything to anyone else (that I know of), most of us in the pack already knew Wex wasn't straight.

Now we don't have any problem with it whatsoever, we still like him as a person plus he's not only a standup pack member but a damn good Beta in training.

"I've been looking but no such luck...guess The mating pool is a lot more shallow for people like me."

I felt like shit going on and on about my mate when the chances of him finding his own mate were genuinely slim to none.

"Just don't give up man, I refuse to believe you won't find someone...you're too good to be alone forever."

He smiled and nodded, "so why aren't you hanging with your family?"

I shrugged, "They're on my back about getting a Luna for the pack..."

"Just tell them about your mate." He put in as if it were blatantly obvious.

"I will eventually, but I'll let her choose who we tell and when...aside from my team of course, you and Jessa are too essential for me to leave out of everything...speaking of Jessa, I have to tell her about my mate, tonight."

"Tonight?" He asked with a genuine look of concern.

I nodded, "With the ball now officially rolling on the transfer for Shelby to move over here I can't put it off anymore."

"But tonight Vale?"

I nodded, I could see where this might not be the best setting, there are quite a bit of people here who could overhear us then I suddenly realized just how many people where really in here. "Oh shit...I was suppose to get the music started...fuck there's Jessa."

"I've got it man." he said as he instantly took off to inform the man to start the juke box...I'm not sure how they had rigged it so that it would play throughout the whole gym but the music started up and the whole gym filled with the music from yester-years.

Jessa walked up to me and smiled, "I was fixing to come and chew you out." She admitted.

"Lucky I have a quick Beta in training." I said, "Wanna dance?"

She looked at me and thought about it.

"Come on pinky," I said as I held my hand out to her.

"Theres about a million things I need to do."

I shook my head and hooked my arm around her waist, "Everything is done," I said drawing her in closer so we could properly dance. "You've made sure the evening would be fail proof...dance with me pinky."

She sighed and nodded.

It was a quick paced Elvis song. I'm sure we weren't dancing correctly at all but it didn't matter as I twirled her down the dance floor, her laugh brought forward my own smile and soon we fell into an easy and lighthearted mood. It was fun.

We got lost in the song and before we knew it, it was over and the next song was starting up.

I followed her off the dance floor and off to the side.

"Now I see why they drank malts." She said fanning herself. "They needed the sugar to keep up with the music."

I smirked. "You're funny...I'm really glad I have this moment with you though...I've been meaning to...well to confess something."

She looked at me and I continued.

"I found my mate...Her name is Shelby Hawthorne," I smiled. "I know I should've told you sooner but to be honest I was waiting for her transfer to get started, but she should be here soon hopefully...I mean Jessa I'm gonna need you now more than ever, Shelby's gonna need you...you see she's pregnant and we're all new to this but I think if we can all come together and be there for each other we can prepare her for when she takes on the Luna mantle."

I looked at her and she only looked at me.

"How about it Jessa...can I count on you Pinky?"

"Y-yeah...whatever you need Vale..."

__________

A/N:

If you want to see Vale in his Sock Hop outfit check out instagram page: smurfyphantom06

Song Vale and Jessa danced to: Elvis- Don't Be Cruel