Chapter 29: The End

You played with your hair nervously. Mori was sitting next to you with a hand on your knee. Your mother was in front humming along with the song playing on the radio. It was a two hour ride back home.

Yesterday there was abig argument on if you would go back home or not. Mori insisted and said they could stay with his family. But at the end, Yaboku gave in and said that we went home. To your stepdad who was waiting for you.

It's too risky. I'm bringing myself and my family in danger.

You were looking through the window. You recognised the houses since you were close by. Mori still didn't like the idea of you being unprotected so he's going to stay the night. X said he'll protect me if needed but Mori didn't trust him enough for that. As soon as you saw your house appear, you eased. As soon as the car stopped you stepped out and ran towards the frontdoor.

"Dad? Ao?" you yelled while Honey followed you with his bunny in his arms. Nobody answered so you just got inside. Your mother walked passed you with a smile on her face. She was happy to see her husband again. X frowned not understanding what she was so happy about. You shook your head, saying he shouldn't mind her, and followed your mother.

Your eyes fell upon a small brown box on the dinner table. In big black bold letters was your name written. A faint sobbing sound was coming from the room next to this one. Yaboku frowned and went to look along with X. Mori immediately knew something was up and stood protectively behind you with a hand on your shoulder.

"Open it, but be careful," he said. With a nod you opened it. There was only one piece of paper. The picture shone and it was atleast ten years old. It was a picture of your family. Your biological father looked younger but still serious. Your parents stood next to each other with their two children standing in front of them. You and Yaboku were smiling widely. The picture cut through your soul seeing it and remembering the happy times. It reminded you of the time when you were a normal family and complete.  Confused you put the box down and took the picture out. On the back of it, there was something written in a elegant handwriting.

I have a little surprise for you. Even though you've been disobedient.

Yaboku was yelling something at X from the other room. So all of you went to see what's going on. X had a phone in his hand ready to call someone but Yaboku tried to stop him. Your mother went in between them. Mori faced the other way and gasped. He looked at the ground and then up at the wall. Disgust was written all over his face. You followed his gaze. Your stepdad was lying on the ground. His hand rested on his chest where he bled. His face was as white as now. His lifeless eyes stared up at you as if it was all your fault. Ao was nowhere to be seen.

But above your head on the wall, there was something written in red with something that doesn't seem like a normal marker. Mori grabbed your hand and squeezed it. Tears were forming in the corner of your eyes.

(Y/N), I will find you.

~♤~

Yes, I am a horrible person. Yes, this is the end. Yes, there will be bonus chapters.

You're probably disappointed in the ending or just that it took me so long to update. ;-;

I will leave this book with an open end. Call me a horrible author if you want, but I feel good about it so yeah.

And for those who've asked me a couple of times, Kyoya's fanfiction will be updated soon. ;)