Chapter 2: Meeting Him

"I need you to spy for me."

You looked at him from head to toe. He doesn't seem to have a weapon with him and he is casually dressed. His black hair was slicked back and his piercing blue eyes were directly staring at you. Waiting for your next move. Hesistantly, you picked up the document. Inside there were files. His name, birth, etc. were written on it. A picture was even attached to it. The guy in the picture had a wild appearance, possessing a very tall build, spiky black hair, dark grey eyes and a darker skin tone.

Takashi Morinozuka.

"Why me?" you asked eventually since there were a ton of girls who would also probably love to.

"I have my reasons", X smiled and stood up. He was now standing right before you.

"How will I contact you?"

"You don't. I will."

"What kind of information do you need specifically?"

"Every single detail. He is a silent type, you see", X said with a shrug but you felt like there was more to it than he says. "So, what do you say?"

"I'll do it", X smiled once again when you said that. He nodded and took his file back. You two said your goodbyes. After that, X finally left just as Yaboku came in with a now empty ice cream bucket.

"Ao ate all the ice cream", he said but you just rolled your eyes and left the room too.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day...

~♤~

Another morning passed at Ouran with fangirls greeting the hosts. This time, however, you tagged along. You heard some girls talking about a certain "Mori" which immediately caught your attention. From what you've heard from the other girls, Mori is a Host in Ouran High School's Host Club.

You tried to look over the crowd but most girls pushed you even further away. It almost seemed impossible. Suddenly you heard a bark. You placed your bag on the ground and opened it. Ao was looking up at you with his adorable puppy eyes. When you were younger you always took him everywhere and yes even to school. Seems like he still thinks he's able to.

"Ao, really?" you said but a smile broke onto your face. "Fine, but keep quiet." He barked as if saying yes and you closed your bag again, but leaving a little opening.

I'll meet him later.

It was impossible to get through that crowd. Besides, what were you going to say anyway? Instead you decided to keep your favorite dog company.

~♤~

"Ao, no!" he slipped from your arms and ran away. You chased after him through the hallways. The teacher called in sick so you wanted to go to the library but Ao had other plans. He was barking and running. Luckily there was no one here.

Or so you thought.

Turning the corner you saw a boy with spiky black hair petting Ao. You sighed in relief and speed-walked his way.

"Dogs are not allowed here", his deep voice made you stop in your tracks. He stood up and you saw a pink fluffy bunny in his right arm.

"Please don't tell anyone", you asked while putting Ao back in your bag. "I-I didn't know. I'm new." It was a lie but maybe he would believe you since you really were new.

"I wasn't going to tell anyone. It was just a warning", he petted your dog once again and he smiled down at it. He was much taller than you. The guy was standing really close so you could finally study his face more carefully.

"Are you perhaps Mori?"

Smooth, real smooth.

He looked up in surprise and nodded. Now it was his turn to study you from head to toe. You could feel heath rise to your cheeks.

"I'm (L/N) (Y/N). I've heard about you... that's why I asked", you said with an awkward shrug trying to explain yourself.

"Nice to meet you, (L/N). What's the dog's name."

He really likes dogs. Noted.

"His name is Ao."

"As in the color? Blue?"

"Yes", you said with a grin. "It's a long story and you probably have some bussines to do with the uhm... pink bunny?"

Mori looked down at the bunny in his arms. "Oh, indeed", he said suddenly in a hurry and jogged down the hallway. Disappointed you walked towards your next class. You couldn't get a lot of information from this conversation.

"Maybe we'll talk again?" you suddenly heard from behind you. This made your heart skip a beat.

"Sure!"