Chapter 21. Feelings

Começar do início

So, I did the same. Not caring about changing my dress, I laid on the bed. I shut my eyes slowly that was when I heard the sound of my doorknob twisting.

I quickly got up and stood behind the door so that I could catch hold of the intruder. Instead, when the door opened and I held the person in a firm embrace, I had to cover her mouth from my palm, stopping her from screaming.

"Elina! what are you doing? Intruding inside my room?" I asked softly removing my palm from her mouth before she surprised me by hugging me tightly and started crying.

"Whoa...what happened? Are you okay?" I was concerned now.

Why was she crying? Who the hell made her cry?!

"He...he...James is haunting me. I was...was searching for....Olivia's room but instead ended up here" she replied looking everywhere.

The fact that instead of missing that lunatic hybrid or reminiscing her moments with him, she was scared of him made me want to smirk at my victory. However, I didn't do that.

Instead, I moved a little back and held her face wiping her tears.

"It's okay. He is not here. Relax. " I moved my hands up and down her back in an attempt to calm her. Instead, she hugged me again if possible more tightly.

"He is here...he...he will harm me" she became hysterical.

"Sleep here, okay. He won't harm you until I am here. So don't worry, my love. And no arguments." I stated the last sentence firmly.

She looked hesitant but then agreed. I guess, she is too scared or else Elina would never agree to sleep with me. Not that I am going to do anything to her still....you know Elina right? She's always trying to stay away from me.

Elina looked around, probably searching for a couch. So bad- there wasn't any. I never kept a couch in my room. Why would I need a couch when I had a king-sized bed?

"You'll have to sleep on the bed. There's no couch. Please, don't argue."

She looked at me like I have gone mad then stomped towards the bed, laying on the right side. I occupied the other side and laid beside her.

She made a small whimpering noise when I shut the light. Was she scared of darkness? Don't know, maybe.

I pulled her closer encircling my arm around her small waist. Her breath instantly quickened by the mere action.

"It's okay. Don't worry. I am here." I cooed to her placing my chin on her head.

She seemed to calm down as her breathing became normal and eventually fell asleep.

I held her close to me in the same position as I fell in deep slumber listening to her rhythmic heartbeat.

Elina's POV

I woke up due to the torturing sunlight hitting my face. I sat up abruptly, my eyes widening taking in my surrounding. I was alone in a marvellous gothic themed room.

I wasn't in my room!

Oops. Am I in Evan's room? Yeah...I walked in here yesterday night when James' hybrid form was haunting me.

Who knew the man I loved would haunt me someday. Give me nightmares.

And what will Evan think about me? I was such a stupid girl to come to his room yesterday and let alone sleep in his bed with him beside me! What do I do? First, I have to get out of this room.

I got off the bed hurriedly in order to rush to my room. I just wish that there is no-one in the corridor or else I will be the rumour of the mansion.

I existed Evan's room sneaking out like a thief. To my relief, there wasn't anyone outside. Once I was in my room, I ran into the shower to clear my mind.

What the hell did I do?! Now I will have to face the embarrassment. Evan would be normal like always and I....and my insane self would go haywire. I should have searched for Olivia's room instead of sleeping in his room. Well, now I can't do anything about it, can I? So, it's better I act normal.

I headed to Evan's study once I was ready. I will just do my work and avoid any eye contact. Yup, that's a good idea.

When I was stood outside the study to twist the doorknob, few servants came holding a tray with tea and food. Did Evan have guests visiting him?

I twisted the door slowly and entered. To my surprise, Everyone- I mean Evan, Stephen, Olivia and even Daniel, Ariel, Carla along with a lady (who I couldn't see the face as her back was facing me) were present there. It looked like all the royals were present.

They all were seated on the huge Victorian armchairs and were busy discussing something. I wonder what? Well, I am not a nosy person.

"We have to find the main mastermind before he creates more ruckus," Evan said sipping on his coffee leisurely from the cup.

"Yes, we can't risk the hybrids to attack towns now" Daniel agreed.

Both of them were looking at the woman. I guess, she is the queen of Werewolves. I still couldn't see her face except for her ivory blond hair.

"We will look into this matter, Evan. I will try to find out information about the hybrid and inform you as soon as I find it. And about the town, we will send our men to guard the towns so that no one is harmed." The queen stood up. "Now, if I may leave."

Evan nodded in agreement.
I don't know why her sound felt so familiar.

"I will come with you mom" Carla stood up ready to follow her mother. The queen looked at Daniel and Ariel who were still seated.

"Oh! We'll be staying here for the day, my queen" Daniel replied referring to him and Ariel.

They were going to stay?

The queen turned around and headed to the door with Carla on tow. Now, I could see her face clearly. The queen had light brown eyes with pale skin, her lips were painted red and were tattered a bit on the upper lip.

There was something strange and I don't really understand why I feel something eerie about her.

As soon as she left with Carla, Daniel straightened himself.

"With the queen gone, Let's start the actual meeting" he smirked looking at Evan. While Evan did the same.

_______

I thought of giving you'll lovely people 2 chapters this week. And I was excited as well.

You wouldn't want to miss the next chapter. There's something or perhaps someone coming from Evan and Stephen's past;)

[I seriously can't keep my mouth shut, can I?]