Part 44:

The doors to the school burst open. . .

Satsuki and the others are seen running to their cars, the whole ride was silent with a thick air of anxiety and fear. Once they arrive they dash out of the car, through the entrance, pass the nurses, then up the elevator towards the seventh floor.

They arrive outside a room panting, the housekeeper cries while sitting on a bench in the white hallway.

Satsuki: *quickly opens the door, panting hard, he looks up and freezes.

On a hospital bed, wearing an oxygen mask, stuck to an IV with bandages around his golden hair was Shuichi. He looked as if he was peacefully sleeping . . .

Doctor: He was hit by a car. He has serious damages to his head and abdomen, broke a few ribs, it's amazing he's only had these injuries considering how fast the car was going, but other than that, it's nothing too life-threatening. He had to undergo surgery earlier so he should wake up in a few days. He'll have to stay in the hospital for a few weeks to recover.

Satsuki: *he sighs in relief. Thank you doctor . . .

Doctor: *nods, leaves the room.

Satsuki walked to Shuichi, sat down on a chair then gently caressed his bruised and cut up face.

Shuichi: *breathing deeply.

Satsuki: *pained. Shu . . .

Nishida: *puts a hand on Satsuki's shoulder.

Satsuki: *stands up, gives Shuichi a gentle kiss on the forehead.

When they left the room, they saw the housekeeper waiting for them.

Satsuki: Auntie . . .

Housekeeper: *concerned. Satsuki-kun, I have something to tell you . . .

Satsuki: ?

House: When I arrived at the hospital, some police men were waiting for me.

Satsuki: What?

House: They heard what happened from some passerby. . . . They told them that a young girl had stepped onto the road and Shuichi-sama had ran to save her. . . The police showed me a picture.

She shakily hands him a picture of a young girl in white with long black hair.

Satsuki: *startled. Chisato-san. . . ? But why?

Housekeeper: I don't know, they took her back to the hospital. And she had just finished rehab too . . .

Satsuki: *clenches his fist. Even after all this time . . . She was wallowing with self-pity for herself and decided that everything would be better off if Shu died? *he glares. You must be joking. . .

Satsuki rushes out of the hospital. Nishida runs after him.

Nishida: Sattchan! *grabs Satsuki's arm. Wait.

Satsuki: What is it?

Nishida: Where are you going?

Satsuki: To Chisato-san.

Nishida: *scared. Don't do anything alright? Promise me.

Satsuki: . . . *he gets in a his car then drives away.

Nishida stands by himself, hoping his friend will be ok.

• • • • • • •

Hayoru: Hi guys~ I'm sure some of you know, but I started on a new book. It's one of those transmigration books and I really hope you'll like it. I have lots of fun ideas for it and of course it will be a boyxboy. I also might start another one because I really couldn't wait to write this one out. (Hint: 🐺🌕) Should I~?? I'm so selfish! orz