Part 9: Home

Weeks pass of hospital visits and long conversations, Satsuki is finally out of the hospital and they drive home together.

Haruki: Satsuki, I know it's a bit early to say this since you just got out, but you've been home-schooled this entire time, do you want to try going to school? I know it's the middle of the school year but there's a really nice all-boys school near our house.

Yuriko: We have work, so you might be bored being alone in the house.

Satsuki: School . . . It sounds fun.

Yuriko: *giggles. Yup! High school is supposed to be a memorable part of your life as you grow up. You've got to enjoy it! And, it might help you recover . . . Your fear of touch.

Satsuki: Yeah . . . That would be great.

Haruki: *smiles. Alright! You'll start attending in a week. You're smart so you don't need to worry about transferring in. Aaaaand we're here~!

They arrive at a tall skyscraper.

Satsuki: Waa~ So big. The architecture is pretty amazing too . . .

Haruki: Fu fu~ We own it!

Satsuki: *pauses. Wait, really?

Yuriko: Yup! Of course we let others rent too, we live on the top floor so you shouldn't get lost.

They go up the elevator to the top floor, when they enter Satsuki is surprised. It's a beautiful apartment with multiple floors if that made since, the view was great. He somehow remembered this house. They walked to his room, it was large, fit with a huge bed, walk-in closet, desk and laptop, drawers, and bathroom with tub and toilet. The walls were painted a nice, navy blue with the softest white carpet floor.

Satsuki: This was my room when I was ten . . . *looks at everything. How nostalgic.

Haruki: *smiles. Ok! It's been awhile but I'll make dinner, you guys get ready!

Yuriko: Wait Haruki???

Satsuki: Oh, I could help.

Haruki: Satsuki you can cook?? That's amazing!! But no~! I'll make dinner, you relax and get your stuff unpacked.

Satsuki: Alright.

Yuriko: Come here Satsuki!!

Yuriko takes Satsuki to a studio, it was complete with a recording equipment, and all kinds of instruments. At the center was a grand piano.

Yuriko: Satsuki, can you play?

Satsuki: Yes . . .

Yuriko: *grabs a violin. Let's do a duet with mama.

Satsuki sat on the chair, he felt comfortable, he looked at his mother who was in perfect posture; he felt slightly excited, and began to play. Yuriko played along, together, they sounded beautiful. In the kitchen . . .

Haruki: Huh? Is it supposed to give out purple sparks? Guess it's fine. Dinners ready~ Huh? Where are they?

Haruki finds them playfully playing in the studio, he quickly takes out his phone and captures all the moments then takes videos.

Haruki: *blushing. So cuteeeeee~!!! My wife and son are too cute!

Yuriko: *stops. Haruki!

Haruki: *caught. Ah! Dinner's ready!

Yuriko: Ugh.

They were all sitting at the table, in front of them was some nasty looking glop. Somehow it was giving out a green gas and Yuriko swore that she saw it move.

Yuriko: That's why I said, you can't cook! Are you trying to poison Satsuki?!

Haruki: Ugh, even though I tried so hard . . .

Satsuki: *takes a bite.

Yuriko/Haruki: Ah.

Satsuki: *chokes. This is bad. *starts to laugh.

Haruki: *gasp. Satsuki~!! *starts to take pictures.

Yuriko: Stop it dear. Come on Satsuki.

Satsuki: Coming.

Haruki: So mean~

They spend the night eating dinner together, watch a movie, Satsuki takes a bath; finally, it's time to sleep. Satsuki gets in his bed, the door bursts open.

Satsuki: Wha-? Mother, father?

Haruki: Just for today . . .

Yuriko . . . We're sleeping with you~!!

They jump into his bed, Satsuki is surprised, they're all squished together under the blankets.

Yuriko/Haruki: *kisses Satsuki on the cheek. Goodnight Satsuki~

After a few seconds, they immediately fall asleep. The only sound in the room are their light, peaceful snores.

Satsuki: *muses. They're like two hyperactive children. . . . But, it's warms.