Except that I didn't have to worry about that since he didn't show up at all that day.

~~~~~

I had a plan. It was risky and completely idiotic but it was something. And I need to hang onto that hope of something so that I wouldn't go crazy from over thinking.

At first, I had tried to get Max out of my head, but he was my mate so that was impossible. So I ignored the first few days where he hadn't shown up at all.

By the end of the second week back at school, the familiar pain had returned. It's like the bond was punishing us for staying away from each other. I felt the headache, and I was sure he did too.

That's why I was now getting off the bus one stop early. I was going into the woods to Max's house and I was telling him that he didn't need to protect me. I was going to face Isaac and whatever problem he had with me. It was funny really, in every single book I've read the guy fights for the girl, yet here I am not giving up on us whilst he's decided that I didn't even exist.

I knew I was getting closer to him because I could feel him. Something I really needed to get use to but couldn't.

However, I really wasn't prepared to witness the scene unfolding in front of me.

There was a bunch of werewolves, fighting and running in every possible direction. My eyes wandered over the horrific scene as I stayed rooted to the spot.

I scanned the area for the black wolf I wanted to find, yet I couldn't see him.

A growl echoed from behind me as I turned to meet two pairs of eyes. Two brown familiar eyes. Where had I seen them before?

The wolf took a step forward, snarling almost like he was laughing at me.

I took a step back, trying to think and calm down.

The only logical thing I could think of doing was running. So I did. I ran until my lungs felt like they were burning.

I crouched over, trying to steady my heartbeat but it was impossible since I had just ran and the fear was taking over me. My whole body trembled when the same brown wolf appeared in front of me.

I didn't know this would happen, I had just wanted to go confront Isaac and now I was stuck in an all too familiar situation with my life on the line. The wolf started to walk forward, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I watched him helplessly as he changed his position so that he was ready to pounce on me. I was shaking and gasping for air when he finally jumped into the air, only to be flung to the side by another wolf.

He let out a whimper as the wolf dug his claws into his fur and before I could tell what was happening, they were rolling over in a battle as each tried to get on top of the other.

I closed my eyes, afraid of what would happen when the noise suddenly stopped. The brown wolf was lying on the ground, turned away from me whilst the other stared at me with his bright green eyes.

I couldn't move, watching what he was going to do. My mind was overcome by thoughts of him trying to kill me and hurt me but I didn't expect his brown fur to start changing as he shook violently and before I knew what was happening, I couldn't believe the man that stood in front of me.

"Will?" I uttered, confused.

"Hey so... What's up?" He hid behind a tree.

"What the hell!? You're a werewolf?" I was seriously shocked and glued to the spot. "I mean, does Cathy know?"

"No, and I'd like you to keep it that way."

"You're kidding right? I can't keep that from my best friend!"