Chapter 28

NASH'S POV

When I saw Brooke my jaw dropped and it made a popping sound and I think she heard. I was at a loss for words. She was so beautiful.

"B-Brooke you y-you look amazing," I say stuttering my words a lot. She blushes. God I love when she does that.

"Thanks. Not to shabby yourself handsome," she says and kisses my cheek. I grab her hand and we walk out the door.

"Let's walk there," she says and I happily agree.

I am taking her to a fancy-ish restaurant. We go to the restaurant called Sun of a Gun. (I just looked up restaurants in Cali😂)

The only way to get there from there in foot is to walk on the beach. I don't mind it at all.

Brooke jumps on my back. I pull her arms off from around my neck and hold them. Her hands are so warm. I love this.

When we get on the sidewalk Brooke is still on my back. She jumps down and grabs my hand. Brooke smiles at me and I smile back.

"Where are we going?" she asks thinking I forgot I wasn't going to tell her.

"You'll see," I say and wink at her.

"Hamilton Nash Grier don't piss me off," she says and starts laughing.

"Oh yeah well quite frankly I don't think your gonna do anything about it," I say and squint my eyes. I give her a smile not showing my teeth.

She punches me in the arm and gives me the same smile. I pull her into a hug from behind. We start walking like penguins in perfect sync.

Brooke starts balling her eyes out because she is laughing so hard. I laugh even harder because of how hard she is laughing

We stay walking like that until we get to the entrance of the restaurant. I open the door for her and she walks in and says thank you. I walk in after her.

Since I got reservations they seated us right away. I pulled out her chair for her. She sat down and began, "why are you such a gentlemen?"

"I don't know, I just like treating you like royalty," I say began to blush.

"Well I'd just like to have you know that you don't have to do that," she says and starts to giggle.

"Actually yes I have to do those things," I say and grab her hand across the table.

She just smiles at me and I smile back.

"Well I think it's adorable," she says and I start to blush.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who blushes am I?" she says and laughs. I laugh to, "guess not," I say while I'm laughing.

While we were looking at the menu, one of Shawn's new songs came on. It was One of Those Nights.

Brooke's head shot up and she started singing. 'One of those nights, we felt invincible, and every glass was full! One of those nights! One of those nights, dancing in the stars, thought that the world was ours, one of those nights!' I laugh at her and join in. We are just singing at our table and the waiter ruins the moment.

He laughs at us and we laugh back.

"Sorry," Brooke says.

"No don't be," the waiter says, and continues. "what would you two like to drink?"

"Um can we have two sprites," Nash says and the waiter walks away. He walks back in like two minutes and gives us our drinks.

"Are you guys ready to order?" he asks and pulls out his pen and note pad.