Chapter 13

BROOKE'S POV

Holy shit! It was Ian! I remember he told me he was gonna pay Sam and I a visit when he was being thrown in the cop car. All of the bad memories Sam and I had with him are running through my mind.

Both Sam and I sit there motionless and speechless.

"Cat got your tongue," Ian says with a grin on his face.

SAM'S POV

What the hell is he doing here! I remember he said he was going to see us again and that he knew that Brooke and I were in California for the summer.

Brooke looks horrified and pissed off at the same time.

"What, did you guys not believe me? I told you I knew you and Brooke would be here. You guys saw what I put your mom through. Its your turn now. Well I'll see you around" Ian says and walks his filthy ass away with a devilish grin on his ugly face. Well he wasn't ugly he is a bit attractive for his age. I just said that because of the person he is. Stupid shit bag.

MADDIE'S POV

What the hell is going on? I don't know their history but it must be bad.

BROOKE'S POV

"Sam did you see what I just saw?" I say not moving anything but my mouth and my eyes are glued on the ground.

"Uh yeah" Sam says barley getting out the words.

"Well I am scared shitless right now" I say back

"Should we tell the guys?" Sam says

"I think that would be best because then they could help us scare him off." I say yelling the boys names.

"We need to leave now." Sam says

"Why?" Shawn responds back

"We will explain on the way, it's not safe here." I blurt out interrupting Sam. They all looked worried and scared. Nash hugs me and I hug him back.

"Well let's get going!" Carter says grabbing Maddie's hand. We all walk back to the house. Silent.

When we got back to the house, we locked all the doors and closed all the blinds and windows. All of us sit on the coach and on the ground near the coach.

"Ok so that guy that was there, he uh," I say stuttering my words a little bit, "he uh was my moms old boyfriend. So what happened was one night my mom went on a date with him. She said she would be back at a certain time and she wasn't. It was a while after she should have been home. Sam and I were about to fall asleep and I check the time. So we rush out of the house and into my car. We drove to the cafe because that's where they always had there late night dates. When we pulled up Ian had my mom in a chair with ropes holding her down and a piece of duct tape on her mouth so she couldn't scream for help," I start crying, "When we walked in Ian swung his fist right at my moms head. Sam called the cops and they took him away. My mom had a broken nose and a black eye. We went the the hospital as swoon as we could. But when the cops were pulling Ian away he said something like this, 'Dont think this is over because it's not! I know that you and Sam are going to be in California this summer, so expect to see me soon' or something like that. And I couldn't fall asleep that night," now I start balling my eyes out and so is Sam. Just hearing the story makes you want to cry. I look up and see all the boys starting to cry. Nash comes up and hugs me and I hug him back.

NASH'S POV

"Shhh baby it's ok," I say trying to calm Brooke down and Taylor is doing the same with Sam. She looks at me with red puffy eyes. She hugs me a lot tighter then before.