24- The Big Misunderstanding

Börja om från början

"I'm not. Randy, get her in the cell," he orders an officer.

The officer comes close to me and grabs me by my arm. Then he drags me to a cell. I don't struggle. I only get in and watch as the bars close before my face. What on earth is happening to me? How could everything get so wrong? How would this even happen?

"Mr. Williams?" The cop asks. I look and see James entering.

"Where's she?" James asks, fixing his sleeves. The cop points at me, and James starts walking toward me. "See you in the right place," he says to me.

"What the hell, James?" I ask, getting closer to the bars. "You think I crashed your car?"

"You threatened me with a knife and told me to sleep with one eye open!"

"Paper-knife. You're such a baby."

"Seriously?!"

"I did nothing! I'm not the only one who hates you. Remember? Everyone at Whoosh hates you!"

"No one has the motive as you do."

"Really? Dig a little deeper. I can think of at least one more person who hates you more than I do."

"Who?"

I widen my eyes, not believing how stupid he is. "Tall guy, grey eyes, black hair?" I say, and he still looks clueless. "Maybe you'll recognize him from the knife on his back. The one you stabbed him with when you betrayed him and took all his belongings."

"Oliver?"

"So, the knife is more familiar than himself."

"He would never do this."

"He knows we slept together."

"We what?!"

"Yeah. I didn't want Smith to know, but it just happened."

"Oh, you really have lost your mind."

"It just happened."

"Listen to me carefully." He gets his head closer to the bars. "You hit rock bottom and thought you would sell this lie to get money from me, but you're dead wrong. I'm not paying shit to you. So, don't ever try to embarrass me in my workplace."

"Money?! I don't want you to do shit about it. It was just one night, but stop being a fucking pussy."

"What night, you crazy moron?"

I gasp. "The night of my party. Remember? We danced?"

"Yeah, and you left me and went to your room."

"And you followed me to my room."

"No. I left."

"You followed me to my room to search for your stupid dog."

"What dog?"

"Loco?"

"I don't have a dog."

I move my jaw a few times. "You got your dog, and we had sex."

"You're crazy. I left. As a matter of fact, Oliver was the one who picked me up."

"You're lying."

"Why don't you ask him?" he says. I take some time to think. He seems pretty sure. "You will pay for my car," he adds.

"I didn't crash your car!" I say. "If I had, I would be injured. I'm not. Look at me! Where are you going?!"

He stops in his tracks and turns to me again. "You should know," he says before leaving, "The cafe that you said you were at, at the time of the vandalism... It has no camera footage," he continues as a joyful smile spreads across his face.