two. starry night

C H A P T E R  T W O |  S T A R R Y  N I G H T

The cool breeze swirled around her and she shivered ever so slightly. With her hands deep into the pockets of her hoodie, she walked through the busy street and kept to herself. She really wanted to see the beautiful sky with her friends but they all lived further away. She huffed a sigh and carried on, on her own.

The laughter and yelling of children became louder and she stepped closer to the park. She didn't mind them but what she did mind were all the crowds filling up the lawn space. There were many people, possibly everyone from the whole town.

Sophie made her way to her favourite park bench with light steps. Luckily, no one was around. She slipped her phone out of her pocket and begin scrolling through the news app. She wanted to know when the meteor shower would start so she could be prepared. Preparation and precision, Sophie always ensured she was ready for anything and everything. She was the type who would often become upset when things didn't go well.

As she scrolled through the app, she felt someone sit on the bench near her. She moved to her left to give herself more space away from the stranger, with her eyes still on her screen.

A slight feeling of frustration hit her as she couldn't find more details and so she put her phone away. She stared at the sky and tried to make a shape of something with the stars as the dots.

At that moment, she noticed something different. The sky started to change and she knew it was happening. Within just seconds, there were streaks of gold and silver flying across the sky and she was mesmerised by the beauty of it.

But then, she heard the snapping of a camera. She averted her eyes to the stranger on the bench near her, he was the one taking pictures and she noticed he also had his flash on. Every second or so, there was a new sound and a hit of lighting.

Feeling irritated, she stood up suddenly all ready to leave and go elsewhere. She took a few steps forward without looking in front of her which was the exact moment she felt her forehead bump into something soft but rigid. She immediately looked up to be met with the eyes of a young man who was staring down at her with tired but warm eyes. 

"Sorry! I'm so sorry!" She felt her face heat up as she was at a loss of words. Sophie wasn't the best at talking to strangers but this young man in front of her just smiled at her with gleaming eyes.

The loud voices of those around them broke their trance as they both looked up at the sky. The bright lights filled the sky as it was sketched with many moving lines. 

Sophie gasped in awe as she watched them, it was her first time seeing this view up close.

  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ 

hellooooo! so, you thought i disappeared forever from here? no, i'm back!! this chapter was last touched in september and here i am now, finishing it off for publishing... well, i hope you enjoy the softness that's yet to come! but, look, kunpimook has entered the story now cx