Chapter Twenty Five

John Pov
Alex and I walked the streets. It was nearing one A.M but I didn't mind. We don't have class tomorrow. I took out a cigarette, glancing to Alex, who wiped his nose, tugging on his sleeves.

"Do you have a reputation?"
I asked him.

"What?"
He said.

"Reputation. With people you fight or whatever." I elaborated.

He scoffed.
"Course I do. You have yourself one too."

"You're kidding,"
I said.

"I'm not. If people know me as a fighter than they know you for sure."
He told me.

"..Right."
I muttered.

Alex shrugged. "You expect to fight by my side and not get a little attention?" He asked.

"I shouldn't have asked."
I said.

Alex shrugged again. We walked together and I followed Alex's eyes, which were staring down a group of junkies. They were already roughhousing with each other and I knew that Alex was interested by that. I didn't say anything though I had an idea to where this would lead.

I've missed the fighting too. It's been a little over a month since our last fight. I can't say I hated the absence of the battling, but there was quite the longing for it.

I sighed.
"Are we going to fight them?" I asked.

Alex's eyes averted and he looked at the ground. "No."

"Really? How surprising.
Wouldn't think you'd miss the opportunity to get a little bloody."
I said in surprise.

He glanced back to the guys and muttered, "They didn't do anything wrong."

I nodded in agreement.
"That is true- as far as we know." I said.

Alex nodded, muttering,
"Yeah I guess so." I took his hand in mine, rubbing his knuckles.

"Oh. Oh so you're..
okay." Alex said in surprise.

"Yeah, why not? It's one in the morning I doubt anyone I know will pop out of an alley and I'll get outed." I shrugged.

"Are we dating?" Alex asked after a moment.

"What?" I said.
"Are we dating? We do stuff normal couples do. I hold your hand, walk with you to class, beat the shit out of other people-"

"That's not normal I think."
I said.

"On our standards, it is and you know it." He said without a beat.

I scoffed, laughing lightly while Alex smirked. "So..are we?" He asked.

"...Sure. If you want. Just..don't tell people about it, because I would flip out." I said slightly stern.

Alex huffed and said,
"Well don't act like it happens everyday."

"I'm not sure how else to say yes so calm your balls. This is just me being bad at talking about myself. I'm a pretty reserved person and you know that so I conclude, calm your balls."
I said.

Alex glared at me momentarily, but sighed, taking my answer anyway.

I wiped my eyes tiredly, yawning.
"We really out to go out when it ain't so early in the mornin'." I said lazily as we walked back to Kings.

"You saying you're willing to be seen with me in public?" Alex hummed, his voice amused.

"I never wasn't." I defended.
"Don't know about that Laur, but okay." He said.

"What do you mean Lex?" I asked, trying to not seem as tired as I was.

I haven't slept in quite some time. Blame law school teachers and Alex's insomnia.

"You're very handsome you know," Alex said.

I narrowed my eyes, glancing to him. "It's true! What, you don't believe me?" Alex asked.

I grunted softly, giving a small shrug.
"Too tired to make words, huh? You really should sleep." He said.

"Said the sleep deprived man."
I muttered.

Alex scoffed.
"You have a point there, but I'm not going to address it because I know you won't listen to me anyway."

"When has that ever stopped you?"
I asked.

He paused.
"..Fair enough."

I closed my eyes waiting for the rant to come.
It didn't.
Well that's really surprising.

I raised an eyebrow.
"You gonna talk or no?" I asked.

"Nah, not worth it. Question, you think I'm masculine right? The other day Laf told me I have feminine shoulders and hips and it made me self conscious."
He told me.

"I wouldn't necessarily agree with the word feminine but I would tell you the word we are looking for here is twink." I said.

"Jesus John, I'm not a twink. I'm just a slighty shorter guy then you." Alex said.

"A small young guy..
who's also into other guys. Sounds like a twink to me." I said.

"Oh fuck off. I like women too so poo on you." Alex said, flicking my arm.

I opened my eyes and glared at him. "Fucking furry." I muttered.

"I'm not a twink and I'm not a furry." Alex protested.

lSay what you want, but you're still a twink and a furry." I said.

lI'm not a- whatever. One day when I'm fucking you, you'll see." Alex muttered.

"Ah, so you've planned to fuck me huh?" I asked.

".,somethin' like that." Alex said.
"How cute. Can I edit one thing in your plan or whatever?" I asked.

"..sure?" He said.
"I'm fucking you." I told him.

"In your dreams Johnny."
Alex said with a scoff.

"Don't call me Johnny. Stick with Laur, it sounds better." I said.

"Whatever." He muttered.

"Real names tell you the story of the things they belong to," I said.

Alex glanced to me.
"Well that was a strange thing to say."

"Lord of the Rings."
I hummed.

"..There's no way you were laid in high school."

~•~•~•~
Ayy,
We got more fan art!
Hoorah!
Y'all, this is really cool what your doing, sending me fan art and that kind of thing. It's really nice of you and very much appreciated! :)

 It's really nice of you and very much appreciated! :)

This was done by;
Cinnamon_Laurens

10/10
Love it! :)

~S.SGlasses