How?

DAMON'S POV

I was hugging my little sister. I thought I lost her. How is this possible? "Pinch me." I demanded. She looked confused. "What?" I couldn't help myself. "I want to know this is real. Pinch me" She put her hand on my shoulder and pinched me. I closed my eyes and opened them again. She was still there. I'm sure if my heart was beating, it would be going haywire. I looked at her and had tears in my eyes. "Lets's get you home little sister. There is another brother there that would love to see you. " She smiled as I walked to my car and motioned for her to get into the passenger side, which I was holding the door open for her. She climbed in and walked to the driver seat. I had her back. There was no way I was letting her out of my sight again. I looked at her and cranked the car. I drove to the boarding house. "Why are you in Mystic Falls, Sam?" It was the second question that came to mind. She smiled at me. "I was dating this guy, I broke up with him after I overheard a very long conversation of how he was going to kill someone. I followed him here to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. " I looked at her again. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. My baby sister. "Ask me what you wanna ask me" She always knew me. "How are you still alive?" She smiled. "How are you?" I smiled at her knowing she didn't want to talk about it. She always answered a question with a question when she didn't want to talk about things. 

We reached the boarding house. I walked in pulling Sam by the hand. "STEFAN!" I yelled. I told her to stay by the staircase when I heard him yell that he was in the living room. Tears still in my eyes. I walked into the living room. "Stefan, what if I told you I have someone you really needed to see with me?" He looked confused. I motioned for Sam to come to me. She hesitated for a moment, then walked to me. She walked into the room and Stefan stood motionless. His eyes big and mouth dropped. "Hi, Stefan." She said and he came running to her and hugged her full force.