chapter nine

a/n: i hope you guys like this part!!! over 4.5k words! i'm dedicating this chapter to @calsass because i love your comments!! they make my day and honestly inspire me to keep writing!

look it's a gif of belle! (aka amelia zadro haha)

Belle leans against her car door as she waits in the warm May weather

The flowers are springing up and the wind smells sweet. The grass grows and people exchange warm drinks for cold ones. Sweaters are switched for t-shirts and shorts, and bathing suits are pulled from the backs of closets.

"Hey," she hears his voice as the doors slam. He throws his hands up in the air, "I'm done!"

"We're done," Belle echoes, grinning at him as he pulls her into a hug. "Onto the next step."

"We have a week until graduation," he holds her by the hips. Luke's lips land on her forehead, "What do you think about a road trip?"

"A road trip?" she snorts, her eyes squinting, "You've lost your mind if you think my mom and dad are going to let us go on a road trip by ourselves."

"We won't go by ourselves," Luke smiles, "I already asked Ashton and Elaine. Michael even said he'd come."

Belle narrows her eyes at the boy standing across from her, "Where do you suggest we go?"

"I was thinking," he trails off, tugging on the ends of her hair, "Disney."

"Disney?!" Belle blurts, jutting out her chin. She shakes her head, "That's so expensive, Luke! How do you expect everyone to pay for that?"

"I'm going to cover the hotel and the park tickets, everyone else can cover...everything else," he shrugs. His hands cover her shoulders and she rolls her eyes, "You've lost your mind. You've lost it!"

"No I haven't!" he laughs, pulling her back into him as her hands push against his shoulders. "Seriously, Belle, think about it!"

"I'm not going to waste my time thinking about it, Lu," she sighs and runs her thumbs over his pectorals. "It's never going to get past my parents."

"What if I already talked to them?" he quirks up a brow. "And what if they already said yes?"

Belle's mouth drops open, "No way."

"Yes way," he laughs while tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Your dad is going out of town on another business thing before graduation and your mom said she was fine with it. I promised to be a gentleman, and I told her we were going as a group and staying with everyone in the same room so there'd be no doing the nasty."

Belle's cheek heat and she ducks her head into his chest to avoid being embarrassed any further. She groans, "Are you sure you talked to my mom and not an alien?"