Plane home to Korea

Chapter 1~ Plane home to Korea.

Finally! I was going to my homeland for the first time in 12 years!! I missed Korea with my whole heart after being away from it for so long. I still know to speak Korean and how to write Hangul so at least I haven’t forgotten the important things… The only problem was I was going to Korea with no friends or family over there, I was starting again… A new life away from everything that happened when I was living in America. My parents came with me to the airport and my father helped me with my bags to get checked in.

Time passed quickly with few incidents and before I knew it I was sat on a plane in a seat closest to the window. All of a sudden I heard gasps and whispers among the other passengers and I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I jumped and turned towards the person in question.

Kris’ POV:

Today was the day we were flying back to Korea after we came to America to promote our newest album. We had entered the airport through the back entrance to avoid the crowds as much as possible and the only time we were actually out in the public eye was when we got onto the plane. We had all decided not to go in first class so we sat in the economy class seating. It took a while for all 12 of us to find our seating so I stayed at the back and waited for the others to be comfortable before finding my own seat. There were 2 seats per row and the row I was in there was only the aisle seat remaining. Luckily, I hate the window seat… I needed to stretch my legs out into the aisle as I was too tall and it got uncomfortable after a while. I approached my seat and tapped the girl who was sitting in the other seat on the shoulder. She jumped and turned towards me, but her eyes didn’t reach mine.

They were milky white and staring blankly towards me but not at me. It took a while for my brain to compute but after a couple of seconds I realised that she was blind. I spoke to her in Korean hoping that she could understand me “Uhhh, hello. I am supposed to be sitting here next to you, I was just making sure that it’s okay.” She gave me a small nervous nod before retracting herself as much towards the wall of the plane as she could. I put my bag into the overhead and sat down next to her. I turn slightly towards her and see her looking out the window. Speaking softly so she wouldn’t get startled I said “Hi, my name is Kris, it’s nice to meet you.” Slowly she relaxed a little once she saw I wasn’t going to hurt her and she turned towards me a little as well. “H-Hi. M-my name is T-Taemin, yes I know it is a boys’ name but i-it was decided before I was born. I-It’s nice to meet you too.” Her voice trembled and shook but it was still beautiful. She had long, curly black hair reaching her waist which was layered and she had a sweeping fringe. Part of her hair was bleached blonde underneath so it looked like she had extensions which were a different colour to the rest of her hair. Her flawless skin was almost paper white and without a blemish anywhere in sight. Her lips were stained red as if she had just eaten a whole field of strawberries. The milky eyes were lined perfectly with black eyeliner brought to a cat’s eye tip at the end. Baekhyun would be proud of her eyeliner skills. I was in shock at her beauty and I couldn’t reply until she gave a small cough bringing me back into reality.

Taemin’s POV:

Yah! So now you all know… I’m blind. All I see every day is darkness. After a while I realised Kris hadn’t replied to me so I gave a small cough to get his attention. His low voice startled me slightly but what he said made things completely fine. “I think Taemin is a gorgeous name for you even if it is a guy’s name.” Is he flirting with me?? IF he is damn it’s working. “T-Thank you.” I managed to stammer out. Damn it!! Why do I have to stutter now?! Calm down tae… You don’t even know if he’s cute! I decided to put that right. “S-sorry, weird question but is it okay of I see what you look like??” His reaction was unexpected as he gently reached over and took my hands, slowly pulling them towards his face. He rested my hands on his cheeks and took his own away. I carefully felt his cheek bones and across his jaw line. I quietly asked him to describe his eyes and hair.