Chapter 26- A Rainbow of Care

***** Here's the airplanes our adorable cheese ball made!!*****

I avoided him like the plague for the next few days. I will not waste my time or life on him. He even tried coming to my house trying to give me an explanation while I shut the door in his face. He came regularly the first few days, then stopped. He even stopped waiting outside my classes. I'm not worth fighting for, I suppose.
That evening though, everything changed. I opened my window, as usual for fresh air, when a little paper plane came flying in.
Say what?
It was probably some kids. Yet, I opened it, expecting to find it blank. Lo and behold in small neat letters it said;

"Dear Cupcake,
I'm sorry for everything. It's not what you think. I know that sounds so cliche, and I understand how weird it must sound to you, yet, I really hope you will give me a chance to explain. Write your answer and send it back please.
Love,
Ethan"

I thought back over the previous events. So Katelyn planted this seed of doubt in my mind. Ethan set the seed firmly with his weird reply. But who had caused the plant to grow? Who had jumped to conclusions and reinforced the doubt?
Me.
I realised I've never given him a proper chance to explain. He had come to my house for days, waited outside classrooms, yet I never even thought of his side of the story. And honestly I thought the paper plane was cute.

"Yes, meet me at the cafe tomorrow evening?"

I sent. A minute later, a new plane came in, did he make a collection of these?

"Umm... I need to tell you something very serious... maybe at your place? I'm sorry if I'm asking a lot... but I can't tell you this in public if that makes sense?"

"Sure why not tomorrow at 5?"

Okay, I don't have a clue what he means by not in public. But I trust him, and I really want to give our relationship a chance. I looked out the window and I saw him nod. He then took out a few coloured planes and arranged them in colour order. He wrote a new letter and sent it.

"I wasn't sure if you were going to say yes the first time so... here is my Plan B (didn't really need it but ehh) XD."

He then sent a red plane through the window.

"Red - I know you're angry, furious, and that you hate me."

That was followed by the rest of the spectrum.

"Orange - Yet, I feel broken, I cannot feel your warmth and I don't know how to fix it"

"Yellow - You are the sunshine of my life, and I want to be the joy in yours."

"Green - Our feud was caused by envy, jealousy of all kinds"

"Blue - but we can overcome this, be at peace again"

"Purple - we can be the power couple, if you let me explain"

Awwww, my heart melted at the fact that he had done so much just to fix our relationship. I couldn't believe that he had thought of using colours. He was such a cheese ball. But he is an adorable cheese ball. I looked out of my window and saw him packing his papers in his bag. He looked up and smiled, a genuine smile. Waving he walked away, with a little skip in his step.
Maybe I do mean something to him.
Maybe he truly cares.

**********
Heyyyyy TinyTacos!!!!
Sooo here is a kinda early ish chapter? Sorry it's so short but I have to facethe dreadful, atrocious things called tests. Ughhh. So I probably won't be able to update the next two weeks. I'll try my best but no guarantees sowwyyy!
wadaeaan TinyTacos!!!
**********