Chapter 11- This Food is on Fireeee!

********************

I'm so sorry about the late update... Festivals... Exams... Ahhh. That's my explanation. And as a sorry, I present to you... ETHAN!

********************  

The next few days went... okay. By that I mean the max that happened was name calling and the occasional glare from miss Katelyn. But then... Friday happened.

I went to my locker thinking that I have lived through an entire week of what I thought was pretty bad. Then I turned first thing I saw was the flash of a hand then red. Dazed, I tried to get to my senses. Meanwhile, everyone was laughing.

"Weak!", "Loser!", "Lame!" they screamed. That being the pettiest insults of all of the rest.

"Stay there at the floor! That's where you deserve to be!" Katelyn screamed at me.

I tried to get up. I partially succeeded, until I was kicked in my stomach. I fell back with a grunt, holding my bruised stomach. I curled into a ball, in hope of hiding away. Instead of leaving me, I got more kicks and even a few punches. Luckily, if this could even be lucky, the kicks were mainly to my back, meaning my face was safe. Except for my cheek, which was unfortunately losing blood. After everyone left. I managed to sit up. I hugged my knees close to me and sobbed.

You're weak. My mind told me. You can't even stand up to a bully. You tried running, hiding, but you can't even do that properly. That's it. Now you're stuck with practically no friends in this god forsaken school, stuck with a bunch of bullies. "I know I'm weak" I replied.

"You will be fine" another voice said.

"You will be strong and will make it through. No bruise, no blister, no nothing will stop you from being you" the voice continued. I opened my eyes to see a worried, yet calm Ethan. He looked at me intently, as if he was analyzing the situation.

"I wish" I muttered, trying to stop the tears.

"You will" he said simply.

He then pulled me into a hug. I tried my best to stay strong, but I ended up sobbing into his shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up. Yes, I'm the great being who fell asleep while crying. I turned trying to figure out where I am. Just when I'm about to scream, Ethan comes out of the bathroom, his hair wet from the shower. He was only wearing sweats, but damn! Them abs though... I tried my best to avoid ogling at his toned muscular body...

Wait a minute. Does he play a sport? Which one? Otherwise, how in the world can he be so fit?

"Are you okay?" He asked, realising I had woken up.

Trying to say something comprehensible I said, "Um maybe? Actually, I feel terrible..."

"Oh... Would you like something to eat?"

"Do you play a sport?" I blurted out before I could stop myself. "I mean uhh... ummm" I need to be able to come up with better cover stories. To be honest, I need to be able to at least come up with a cover story.

"I play soccer with a couple of friends outside school" He replied as if it was normal.

"Cool" I said at a lost for words. I internally cringed at what I said. Cool? Seriously? Do I not have a better vocabulary? "Food?" I said, trying to focus the attention away from my awkwardness.

"Do you wanna go out? Or like stay inside?" Ethan asked. "Or you know what I'll make something for you. Just wait I'll be back"

"Sure" I replied, curious to see if he can cook. I waited patiently, reading a book that he left for me on the side table. I smiled to myself, he actually thought to leave a book for me. A few minutes later, Ethan came in with a apron with a words, "Hot stuff coming through". So true my brain said. I ignored it and noticed a floppy, white chef's hat perched on his head. I tried to stifle my laughter, when he handed me an adorable menu. At the top, it the word 'menu' was written in block letters and the options listed were, grilled cheese and macaroni and cheese. Under the dessert section were 2 options as well; ice cream and 'me'.

Trying to go with the flow, I ordered, "1 grilled cheese sandwich and both the dessert options"

"Both?" he questioned.

"Yes, both, they're both sweet right?" I answered smiling.

"Of course" he replied.

He took the menu and left with a little bow. I chuckled to myself, he can be such a cheese ball sometimes, an adorable one, but still a cheese ball.

I continued reading the next chapter of the book, when I heard a loud crash. Alarmed I got up, ignoring the sharp pain in stomach. I made my way to kitchen only to find no one there. I heard a groan and there on the floor lay Ethan clutching a box of ice cream. I helped him up, and turned off to the stove that was furiously trying to disintegrate the poor sandwich there.

"I'm sorry" I heard Ethan say. He looked at the sandwich longingly, hoping that it would come back to life.

"Awww thanks, I loved what you tried to do! You know, it's the thought that counts" I said reassuringly, truly meaning what I said, "By the way, how in the world did you even manage to do this?" I continued gesturing to the mess.

"That... See... I thought it would be cool to do multiple things at once..." he started.

"And?" I prompted.

"So I turned on the stove and put the bread on it. Then I put the cheese and the other slice of bread on top. I felt like a boss, and ended up doing a little happy dance. When I did that the water in the glass on top of the table fell. I decided to clean that later. After this, I got a bucket of ice cream but, I forgot about the water, and slipped and fell. Also while I was doing my happy dance I might've forgotten about the sandwich... heh..." he explained.

I tried my best to not burst of laughing out loud at his sheepish face, trying to look completely innocent, yet still looking at the sandwich. "Let's order pizza?" I suggested, reminded of my hunger by my stomach.

At this suggestion, Ethan's eyes lit up and he screamed "Yes!" while pumping his hands in the air and marching towards the phone. 

********************   

Heyyy TinyTacos!

I would say something on the bullying topic,but I pretty much said my opinion in ch 8. Instead I would like to say an advance sorry, because I will not be posting next week *Shields myself from the onslaught of tomatoes*

This is because I have tests and a lot of festivals, I'm currently all over the place. So... ummm.. Sowwyyyy

Tschüss TinyTacos!

********************