Chapter 19- Jelly Cupcake Lover

********************

Here's an angry Ethan... I wonder what for?

********************

Over the next week, Joe and I seemed to be becoming a thing. The holding hands, the closeness, the look in his eyes, the look in mine, it all seemed surreal. I honestly couldn't believe it. I had a boyfriend!! Well, not really, he hasn't actually asked me yet...

Uhhhh....

Well maybe it one of those unsaid things?

I don't really know, but I feel happy. Yet, I still didn't understand the sparks of emotion I was supposed to feel. All I got was a sudden warmth and this feeling I believe is called love? I guess movies and book dramatized it too much. I mean how are you supposed to feel like your heart belongs to someone else? To feel like they are the fire to your life? Or even to be in their arms and be at the epitome of happiness? Pfft. Dreams and fantasies, that's what they are.

Trying to shake out these thoughts from my head, I leaned into Joe's side. It was lunch and feeling conscious about eating, I decided to eat later at home. "Amelia?" he asked, a wave of warmth settling over me.

"Ya?" I replied trying to act normal.

"Will you..." He said running his hands through his hair, I swear guys do that all the time. It's adorable really, but much too overused. "Go-out-on-a-date-with-me?" he said quickly.

"A date?" I asked hoping my ears hadn't failed me. Honestly I was hoping for a "will you be my girlfriend?" but I guess this will do. Also, why was he acting so awkward? I mean ya, we're not exactly dating, but why is he so flustered? It just seems off.

"Yes!" he exclaimed.

"Ya sure, when?" I replied, a bit unnerved by his enthusiasm.

We were discussing the time of the date when Ethan came up to our table. He was absent for the last week. I wonder why... not. Not as if he would tell me anyways. He looked at us, and his eyes smoldered when he looked at me leaning on Joe. Instead of saying anything he just stalked off. I think he was a wittle bit jelly. Hehe. One point to Amelia. What? Is it my fault that he turned me down? Despite the fact our feelings were mutual? Nope. He deserved what he got.

As my thoughts buzzed about in my head, Joe had left for "practice". I guess I can't really blame him, he can't spend all his time with me. Deciding I shouldn't be this hostile with Mr. not-everything's-about-you, I went up to where he was sitting.

"Heyy" I said, hoping it was a good conversation starter.

"Hey" He said in a monotonous tone staring at his book. I honestly thought he was gonna be a bit friendly, but I guess at least he wasn't straight up ignoring me.

"So where were you last week?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't shut me out.

"Places" He replied.

"Uh... So, how's life" I continued, cringing at my conversational skills.

"Ehhh" he said again. Man I'm getting sick of his monosyllabic answers.

"So, have you got yourself a girl?" I asked, maybe we could talk about that. Maybe it could even lead to Joe.

"No. unlike you, I don't simply find a new date right after to confessing to someone." He said softly, his eyes burning. "Oh sorry, I didn't let you advertise about your new boyfriend. Well I don't really want to hear about him anyways." he finished getting up. He then just left the cafeteria.

Woah. That was uncalled for. I mean seriously, he should be happy for me. Right? He did turn me down, so technically he has no right to say that to me. Hmph. People nowadays.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's date night. I mean evening. What's even the difference? This time we planned a walk on the beach and he was gonna pick me up at 7. I was running late and was getting completely flustered. Sophie had to go for some random office party with her parents, so I was left alone trying to deal with the disaster that was myself. I ran around attempting to apply makeup while putting on my shoes. All I succeeded in doing was hurting my ankle and poking my face. Ugh. I legit cannot multitask. I looked at the mirror and saw myself. A frenzied stressed version of myself. I took a few deep breaths and got back to work. This time, I did one thing at a time. It actually worked!! I actually got ready quicker than I thought possible! Seeing as it was almost 7, I went out to sit on the porch.

Then I waited. Meanwhile, my brain decided that it wouldn't enjoy the weather and instead wanted to think about the mess that was my life. So basically. I am dating Joe, and Ethan is... a friend? I don't really know. Interestingly, I feel the same happiness with the both of them, maybe more so with Ethan. However, at the same time, he's being annoying. And moody. And impossible. Joe on the other hand is being sweet.

I checked the time, and it was 7:15. Probably some traffic? Who am I kidding, there's no traffic, he's probably running late.

I continued my deep thinking. Also beside this weird boy trouble, there's Katelyn to think about. I know she's not gonna just keep quiet. I'm worried she might attack Ethan or worse Sophie. I know she's not that brilliant, but if she realizes the worst thing she could do is take away Sophie, then I'm dead. I don't want to provoke her anymore, so I think the best idea to stay low for now.

I checked the time again. 7:30. What? Maybe he's stopped to get something?

Not wanting to indulge in my thoughts, I played on my phone. When it seemed to be getting dark, I checked the time, 8:45. I've been outside for almost 2 hours!! I decided to send a message to him, to check if he was even coming. Before I could even type a word, my phone beeped. It was Joe.

"I'm sorry..." The message started.

********************

Heyyy TinyTacos!!

So... What do you think the message is? Why a sorry? What happens?? Comment any of your theories below!!

Selamat Tinggal TinyTacos!!

(I'm sorry if I get any of the languages wrong....)

********************