Chapter 1- Crazy Double Life

"GET UP AMELIA!" I heard my mom scream beside me.

"Let me sleeppp" I whined in response not wanting to leave my heavenly bed and its warmth.

"Amelia?" my mom said in an unnaturally sweet tone. My brain seemed to sense something bad was going to happen, but me being the lazy person I am, ignored it.

"Amelia if you don't get up soon you'll regret it" my mom continued in the sweet, taunting tone.

I tried saying "let me sleep" again but it came out as indistinct murmuring. I turned over annoyed at the disturbance in my sleep. Beauty sleep is important you know. All of a sudden, I was teleported to Antarctica. I got up immediately trying to get rid of the water that now soaked me and my precious bed. "MOM!" I screamed. "Why must you do this to me?"

"Well, honey it was this or you getting late for school and I don't want you to mess around with that scholarship you have" my mom said.

"Well it now seems I'm awake" I muttered. My mom left so that I could get ready. I started by picking out my clothes. Two sets. And yes you read correctly two sets. Okay, so my life may be a complicated mess of things. Basically I was popular by day and nerdy by night. I know it seems confusing right?

Continuing my weird morning routine, I stuffed a pair of mini shorts with a cute pink halter top in my bag while I rushed to the bathroom to take a shower and wear jeans and a t-shirt. Why did I have to do this drama? My parents want me to be the good girl who does all her work and is basically a rule following nerd. Now I have no problem being like that, it's actually the real me. But sadly, I don't have confidence to stand up to bullies. So? The easy way out? Join the Queen Bee as her sidekick and be safe forever.

Anyways, I rushed to reach school early so I could change and put on all the layers of makeup. Once I was done I exited the bathroom to come face to face with Mr. Roberts.

"Good morning, Mr. Roberts" I greeted.

"Good morning Amelia. Are you done with last week's assignment?" he asked.

Muttering a quick yes I handed him my neatly done assignment.

"Wonderful, just as always" Mr. Roberts answered as walked towards his classroom. Before you ask why the teacher didn't hate me despite loathing the rest of my group I have an explanation. It's because he knows my double role. He doesn't mind what's happening as long as I submit my work on time. He actually helps me keep up my façade when I pretend to have not done my work along with my friends. In that sense most of my teachers know me. I don't think they appreciate my choice of being two people but oh well.

I then hurried to where Katelyn, Queen Bee of the school and her other minion (as I liked to call any of Katelyn's "friends"), Jessica was sitting. I half rushed while squealing, "OMG Katelyn you look absolutely fabulous today and Jessica I love the way that color looks on you! I'm sorry I'm late I had to retouch my makeup!"

"Thanks Ame" Katelyn drawled. While I cringed inside at how bad that nickname was. I sighed to myself thinking "why do I keep doing this to myself?"

"What did you say?" Katelyn asked me. Realizing that I had said that aloud I quickly replied, "Oh I meant... why am I still using this brand of makeup?" Satisfied with my answer, I scrolled through my messages trying to avoid Katelyn's gaze. Then all of a sudden the bell rang. After another 5 minutes, Katelyn decided to get up.

"Girls" she cooed, "Time to get my books". She then proceeded to sashay along the corridor towards her locker. She dumped her bag into my hands and dumped all her books in Jessica's. Honestly, I get so tired of this sometimes. Then Jessica and I got our books and we headed to English with Mr. Roberts. After 40 minutes of torture and a lot of homework, Katelyn and her two "sidekicks", Jessica and I head to our next class. The day continued as such.