Chapter 15- Perfect

********************
Heyyyyy
Here's a short early update!! I had some time on my hands so I decided to write, so voila!! And above is our beloved cupcake!!
********************

Days followed, each filled with moments of friendship and happiness. Ethan though seemed to become more than a friend... the hand holding, kisses on the cheek, the comfort I felt with being with him. It wasn't the feeling of being yourself with your friends, it was something different, something I hadn't felt before. Something I only read about in books, love. Well to be honest that's a bit far fetched, the most I would say, is a deep feeling of admiration and passion. I'm pretty sure it's one sided though... unfortunately.

I was actually sure, until Friday happened.

The three of us had scheduled a movie night Friday evening, at my place. Somehow, I say somehow because I think this was intentional, Sophie couldn't come saying that she had to go "somewhere". As if. Anyways Ethan suggested that we should continue with our plans for tonight, despite Sophie's absence. Clueless about what's to come I agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat together on the couch, a bowl of popcorn between us. A blanket was draped around us, as I snuggled into Ethan. Oh my gods, he looked so cute! I resisted the urge to jump on him and kiss him to death. His dark, chocolate brown eyes watched the screen intently, while his caramel hair flopped on his head in an adorable, tousled mess. All of a sudden he turned to me, pulling out my daze.

"You know something?" he murmured.

"Umm what?" Replied my stupid, incoherent self.

"You are amazing" he said "and-"

"Ilikeyoutoo" I mumbled, feeling incredibly dumb and happy at the same time.

"Huh?" He asked completely bewildered.

"I like you too..." I said trying not to run from the room. What am I doing? What am I doing???

"Oh. I was going to say, 'and never give up on yourself' but I guess, I like you too"

"What! Oops... well I guess since the feeling is mutual... we're together?" my face reddening at my stupidity. Finally. I thought. Finally we can be together.

"I'm sorry, but that's not possible" he said looking down towards the popcorn bowl.

My heart dropped. Why not? Is it because I'm a public disgrace? Is he trying to protect his image? What did I do wrong?

"Why??" I asked, tears threatening to appear. I willed them to disappear, in vain.

"I can't do this... not again... I will not be responsible" he muttered. He then got up and walked out of the room, leaving me a mess.

I cried. I would say that I stood strong, but no. I was devastated, my dream had turned into a nightmare. I stuffed popcorn into my mouth, not caring if I looked like a lunatic. I broke down alone, with only my popcorn for company.

********************
Heyyy TinyTacos!!
So today I updated cuz why not?? And don't worry I'll still updated on sunday!!
I also posted this Ch as a thank you to all of you guys. 1/2 k reads!!! 500 reads!!! Omggggg howwwww!! My brain is actually dysfunctional right now. Thank you guys. THANK YOU SO MUCH TINYTACOS! I genuinely thought no one would read this stuff, and now, I'm so so so happyyyy
Merci TinyTacos!!!
********************