Reader x Jeongyeon - The Old Self

Start from the beginning

"We were just out. I guess we were a 'disturbance' and they locked me up."

"And the others?"

"I tripped * she rolled up her sleeve to show her bruised elbow* and they caught me while they ran. They let me call someone and I called you."

"Me?"

"Well I didn't want to call my dad. And I didn't want to bring my friends down here."

'Course, they bail on you and you're trying to help them.'

"Well, I hope you learned your lesson."

"Yeah, tie my shoelaces before a run." She said as she laughed. You weren't.

You shook your head. The rest of the ride became silent. You arrived at her place. You walked her inside before getting a first aid kit you had in your car. You fixed up her bruised elbow.

"Just be careful okay." She just nodded, but you know she wasn't listening.

==================

ONE WEEK LATER

Jeongyeon was currently sitting with her group. They acted like nothing happened last week. She was behind bars for god's sake.

It seems that only you seemed to care about her well being.

...To be honest, you were getting tired of it too.

Freeing her made you think about her.

Is the girl you knew and love gone? You were helping her for a long time and yet, she's still acts this way.

You don't remember the last time she even said thanks. She didn't even said thanks for bailing her out.

'Is all this worth it?' You thought.

--------------------

The school day ended without saying a word to Jeongyeon. You took her home as usual and just dropped her off and you left after she was inside.

Now, you were currently at home, it was around 8 while you were watching videos on your phone to relax, when Jeongyeon called you. You answered right away.

"Jeongyeon?"

"I need your help." You rolled your eyes.

"What is it now?"

"I kind of need you to pick me up." You couldn't believe this.

"Where?"

"*Location*"

"Just sit tight..." You hanged up. You lied there. Again...you thought the same question from earlier.

'Is all this worth it?'

You got ready and drove off again.

------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, it was like the same situation as last week.

"So?" You asked as you kept your eyes on the road.

"The gang and I were out, just minding our own business at some diner and the cops showed up. This time I got away, but I didn't have a ride so I called you." She explained.

"..."

"What? No words on how wrong I am?"

"..."

She shrugged and sat there in silence as well.

You didn't want to say anything because you were debating yourself on her.