Chapter 3- The Escape From The Academy

~ Cassie ~ 

   Spring arrived again for the third time. Meaning that every student at the House Of The Moon Academy has entered into another year. For those who are in the Fourth Year, it means that they are graduating and are going to start their own lives. 

   Shane and I were sitting in the rose garden, just enjoying what was left of the sun light before the Night Schedule kicked in at the Academy. 

   ‘Have you decided when we leave as a group from the Academy?’ Shane asked me. I nodded my head.

   ‘Yeah. In about a month’s time.’ I explained but held back on saying what I saw that night last year. The memory of the large black werewolf with the ruby red eyes staring back up at me. 

   ‘Cassie…. You seem distracted. What’s on your mind?’ Shane asked me quietly. I looked over at him. 

   ‘Huh? Sorry. It’s nothing. I’m fine. There’s nothing on my mind.’ I lied quickly as I picked up the rose I had picked from within the garden. I twirled it in between my fingers being careful of the thorns on the stem.

    My mind was still set on leaving but I still had the slight fear that the black werewolf with the ruby red eyes was going to return.

   ‘Are you going to tell the others the plan?’ Shane asked me as I began to get up off the ground. I shrugged my shoulders. 

    ‘If they want to go with us that is.’ I muttered in reply.

    The robotic voice that announces things to the Academy chimed out.

    ‘Attention all students on Campus. The Night Schedule is about to begin. All students in the Night schedule, please begin to make your way towards your classes now. Students in the Daylight Schedule, please begin to make your way to your Dormitories now. That is all’ The robotic voice spoke out echoing over the Academy’s Academic and Boarding Houses.

    ‘Looks like it’s time to go to classes.’ I said to Shane as I extended my hand out to grab his and help him up. 

    ‘Yeah. I’ll see you after the first few classes then Cassie. But you have to tell the others your decision to leave. If your going to leave. Then I’m coming with you.’ Shane said to me with determination in his voice as he kissed me goodbye before darting off to Midnight House to grab his school stuff. I bent over and grabbed my bag from near by and slung it over my shoulder. I also picked the rose up that I had picked from the garden and carried it with me to my first class.

   I shared my first 4 classes with Luna, Eva and Michael.

   Spirit Magick was first for the day. Luna stood at the front of the class with her thick black rimmed glasses hanging on the bridge of her nose. She also had a text book open. But it was different from ours. The text book title read; “Witches Magic- Spirit Edition

   I was slightly confused to why Luna was studying over a book about Witch elemental magic.

   ‘Hey Luna’ I smiled at Luna. Luna looked up and smiled at me. 

   ‘Hey Cassie, how you going?’ Luna asked me in reply. 

   ‘I’m great…. What you reading?’ I lied slightly.

   ‘Witch Magic…. Why?’ 

   ‘Oh I was just curious.’ I explained as I looked away. My thoughts kept resonating back to when I saw the werewolf. And what it could have possibly have said to me.