Chapter 11 ~ Visions In My Sleep and Sweet Good Byes

~ Shane ~

    My eyes fluttered open to find that I was sitting on the edge of the bed. I looked over to where I laid.

    ‘What? What the hell is going on?’ I stated in fear as my eyes grew wide. I looked down at myself and saw that I was translucent. Fear and panic was coursing through my veins. I looked around to see if anything else had changed but to my realisation nothing but me had changed.

    ‘Shane…. There you are!’ Cassie’s soft but familiar voice sounded from where the window seat in the room was situated. I turned my head slightly to see where her voice was coming from.

    And sitting on the seat was Cassie and our beautiful daughter April.

    ‘Daddy!’ April’s voice sounded as she managed to wiggle off the seat and come running over to me. Her hair was a dark chocolate brown and she had hazel green eyes. Her skin was a mix of a pale olive colour. I could tell my daughter was very pretty.

     ‘Cassie! April!’ I smiled as I opened my arms for the two most beautiful women in the world. Both girls came over to me as I engulfed them in a hug.

    ‘Shane…. I know this may seem a little strange…. But this is a good bye. April and I have come to say our goodbyes before we pass on into the After Life.’ Cassie explained quietly. I looked at her with confusion.

    ‘Mummy…. What about the offer that was suggested to you for Daddy?’ April whispered to Cassie quietly. I looked between the two of them with confusion written both in my eyes and on my face.

    ‘Cassie…. What’s going on?’ I looked at her with confusion. Cassie let out a sigh.

    ‘The After Life has made me an offer….’ Cassie began to explain.

    ‘Yeah?’ I gestured for her to continue.

    ‘You can come and join us…. But in that…. Your sacrificing your life to allow our daughter to live until she hits our age….’ Cassie continued. I looked at and just gave a nod of my head.

    ‘I’ll do it. I’ll come with you and April.’ I stated in agreement with determination in my voice. Cassie smiled but shook her head.

    ‘What?’ I looked at her with confusion.

    ‘There’s a catch to this Daddy’ April sweet and innocent voice spoke. I knelt down to April’s height.

    ‘What is it sweetie?’ I asked her quietly.

    ‘Your whole physical form will disappear as well when you come with us. And when Auntie Eva, Auntie Chloe, Uncle Dimitri and Uncle Michael all go to have children of their own…. I will be reborn as a hybrid….’ April explained. I just nodded my head.

    ‘I’m still coming with you and your mother. I love you two so much that I can’t stand living with out you.’ I told them straight out.

    Cassie nodded her head. Then she extended her right hand out while taking April’s small hand in her left.

   ‘Ready to go?’ Cassie asked me. I gave a quick nod of my head.

   ‘Yep. I’m ready to go.’ I smiled as I took ahold of Cassie’s hand. We all turned towards the window where the translucent curtains were billowing silently in the breeze. Light began to surround the window before it was completely engulfed.

    ‘Let’s go.’ Cassie smiled as we all took a step forward into the bright white light. It’s warmth glowed on my skin as I was engulfed in it’s arms before I disappeared completely….