The others are talking around me, but Oin is quickly by my side, offering water and healing herbs. I accept the healing herbs, but refuse the water. I've had enough of water for the day, be it falling from the sky or in a water skin.

Oin places the herbs in my mouth, and I quickly swallow them. Within mere moments the pain lessens enough that I can open my eyes, my jaw no longer clenched. Oin then takes my bleeding right hand, wrapping it up with a piece of cloth before leaving to help the others set up camp.

Something about this cave seems familiar. And definitely not in a good way.

Thorin wanders over to me with a slightly worried expression.

"What happened?"

Looking up from my bloodied hand, I meet his blue eyes, replying, "Landed on my back when Bilbo and I jumped off of the giant. Not my greatest plan, what with my bow and quiver on, I'll admit."

Thorin answers quickly in his grim voice, "You should rest, we leave at daybreak."

Thorin turns to leave, but I quickly say, "Wait."

He turns back to me with a questioning look as I respond, "We should find a different place to rest. I'm sure there are caves nearby, but this cave seems familiar to me. And I don't mean in a good way."

Thorin's eyes darken a bit as he answers, "Even while you're injured, you insist we keep moving? We are staying here till morning."

And with that, he stalks off again, but not before glancing back at me once more.

Leaning forward a bit, I remove my quiver and bow, setting them to the side and silently praying that this place isn't as dangerous as it feels.

I lean back again, onto the rough, but thankfully dry wall as Thorin barks some more orders at the group. Bilbo shuffles over to me, my cloak in his hands as he awkwardly sits down next to me. He places my cloak between us, thanking me for allowing him to use it. The others have all gathered in their sleeping bags, most asleep. Except for Bofur, Bilbo and me.

"Of course Bilbo. If you really think I'd allow you to freeze in the rain out there, you must be mad," I answer, my voice strained.

Bilbo leans onto the wall behind us, letting out a defeated sigh as he glances over at Thorin.

"You know, he's wrong about you."

Bilbo looks over to me in surprise.

"One day, hopefully sometime soon, he'll see that. Until then, don't let him get to you. He's looking to weed out the weaklings, and if you allow his words to effect you, then he'll have won. Show him the Bilbo he can believe in. The Bilbo that I believe in," I say, lifting a sore arm up just enough to rest my hand on his shoulder.

Bilbo falls silent, and I know that he's thinking.

"Sleep on it Bilbo. You can always make your decision in the morning. But, if you decide to leave, don't leave without alerting me. Just remember, though Thorin may not show it, he needs you on this journey more than he'll audibly admit." I tell him before climbing into my sleeping bag, which Oin had lain out for me earlier.

Bilbo nods, falling silent for another moment before turning to me with a curious look.

"And what about you? You said that I'm important, but you didn't mention yourself."

Sighing, I sit up once again, answering truthfully, "That is because I am not. Though warriors are important, there are many on this journey. A warrior, especially one that is not a full blood dwarf, let alone the leader's kin, is replaceable. I am replaceable. I am not a vital part of this journey, and even without me the company could still make this journey. You, however, are not easily replaceable."

I lean back onto the wall, closing my eyes before continuing.

"There is only one burglar- one Hobbit, the Hobbit on this journey. No other Hobbits would have come along, and no other Hobbit's were chosen by Gandalf the Grey to join on this journey. You have a purpose to serve Bilbo. And though your time has not come yet, I believe it will not be long until it comes."

A/N

Hello My Little Arkenstones! 

Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out! I've been very busy with school and am sick with the flu right now. 

*The next chapter will not come next week.*

Next week, I will be visiting family in another state, so I will be unable to write.

The next chapter will take approximately 3 weeks to upload, of which I am very sorry for the wait. This chapter and the next 2-4 are VITAL to the story and I absolutely cannot mess them up is I want this story to be any good, so I will need more time to write them. 

I hope you all understand, and thank you for reading!

If you like this story, remember to:

Vote       Comment        And        Share!

See you in a few weeks, My Little Arkenstones!