chapter 4 the beginning of the transition

It's been a few days since the OB-GYN appointment where Amy and Ricky found out that the gender of the baby is a girl.

They haven't told anyone yet not even John.

" okay so I started planning for the baby shower." Amy said as she switched positions on the king sized bed in Amy and Ricky's master bedroom.

As a wedding gift their parents all chipped in  to buy them house.

" wait a minute, I thought your mom and Ashley for throwing you your shower?" Ricky asked A little confused.

" they are but they really want my input. They said that they really wanted to make it special because I didn't really have a baby shower with John. Well, I mean I kind of did but since he decided to arrived during the shower it had to be cut short." Amy explained.

" I remember that. I was at home at  my mom and dad's house doing laundry downstairs when you called me to tell me John was on his way." Ricky spoke thinking back to the memory.

" so do I. Anyways, so I need you to listen to me because I want to make sure you're okay with everyone who is going to be coming.

so far I have my my mom, Molly her girlfriend, Robbie Ashley, Toby, my dad and Kathleen. Grace and Jack, , Tom, Tammy, Ethan and Kathy, your parents and Nora.  Ben and Adrian, Alice and Henry, Leo and Camille, Chloe, Bonnie. Lauren, Madison, their boyfriends, Donovan and Leon. last but certainly not least dr. Fields. I think that's it. Do you think I missing anyone that we should add to the list?" Amy asked Ricky.

" I don't know Amy... I don't know how comfortable I am with inviting my therapist  to my daughter's baby shower. It's kind of an intrusion on boundaries. Don't you think?" Ricky asked Amy.

" well, now that you put it that way I guess you're right. But I hope you know that I didn't me anything by adding him to the list. I mean, I just thought he's Lauren's dad and he's important to goth or  us  for different reasons. but, listen if you're not comfortable with it I totally understand." Amy reassured her husband.

" yes, I guess you're right but I don't know. can you give me sometime to think about it?" Ricky asked his wife.

" of course Ricky, take all of the time you need there's no rush." Amy told her husband.

" all right on to other things. So, what colors did you have in mind for the nursery?" Ricky asked.

" well, I don't know yet. What colors did you have in mind for the nursery?" Amy asked.

" really? I think I know you a little better than that, Amy. I bet ever since in the moment we found out we were having a little girl you have had your heart set on what her Nursery will will look like. Besides I'm a guy. I don't really care what the nursery looks like. I mean I do care. But you know what I mean. All I care about is that it is safe, clean and functional." Ricky told his wife.

" all right, well if you must know what I had in mind I was thinking. I was thinking that most baby girl nurseries are pink and white. I think that we could do something a little different than that. So I really want the colors in her room to be purple and white. a light purple so it's not too dark or harsh but so it's Unique at the same time." She said.

" oh and I want accents of pink and yellow around the room. I also really want one of those big sign things that reads sweet dreams and another one that reads princess on it because you know, after all she is going to be Daddy's Little Princess." Amy continued.

" see I knew you you knew what you wanted for our baby girl right from the beginning. Did I just tell you I know you or what?" Ricky asked.

Just then John came out of his room.