"Tamara shh...I think somebody broke in.." He whispered.

"How did I get here...?" She questioned, head pounding heavily.

Suddenly, her bedroom door swung and there was none other than Isabella Gnucci.

"How did you get into my home?!" Hakim fumed as he shot up from where he was sat and stood in front of Tamara, blocking her from the view.

"Details, details.." Isabella tutted. "Now, I have business with Castle and his nurse. So where is he?!"

"What? Get out before I call the-" Hakim was immediately cut off by one of Isabella's henchmen pummelled into him without warning.

"DAD!" Tamara cried out, ears beginning to ring and fear overtaking her system. She stared at her father on the floor, head bleeding from the impact he took from his head hitting the corner of her bedside table.

"TAMARA GO!" Her father cried out.

"I CAN'T JUST LEAVE YOU!" She screeched.

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME, JUST LEAVE!" He groaned as the henchman began to press his foot and twist further and further into the floor.

Tamara had no other solution than to follow her father's instructions. Faced with a rabid Isabella and dozens of henchman scattered around the estate, she quickly tore her cover off and scrambled out of the bedroom like a headless chicken.

"You think I'm letting you go?!" She heard the familiar shrill shriek echo and bounce off the walls as she clambered up the stairs. "You know what you were getting into that night!"

Tamara could feel the blood roar and drum in her ears.

She grabbed the nearest object. The vase was closest, as she hurled it towards her, it crashed against the ground with such force it shattered everywhere.

"Where are you going, huh?" She taunted. "Your bodyguard left?"

There was no more ways to escape now, she'd reached the very top of the corridor in her house. Pretty much cornered. The only escape route she could possibly conjure up in her mind was to jump out of the window, but she was in no state to do that. Especially considering how disorientated she was

*

Tamara felt off. She'd blacked out earlier but she wasn't on the ground anymore. She was sitting.

Her vision was blurred, and she tried to focus it on where she was. It was dark, and the entirety of the place was concrete with eerie green lighting.

Trying to move her arms and legs was a struggle, and then the realisation sunk in. Especially with Isabella Gnucci, grinning as if her face would split in half.

"You're awake, finally." She said. "How are you?"

This was just proof alone that this woman was beyond deranged. Tamara had been beaten and bruised, and now her arms and legs were locked with a ziplock so tight, it was losing circulation. And she had the audacity to ask her how she was?

She just glared at her. No words came from her mouth. And that's when she saw him.

"Second time?"

"No use Tamara, don't try to appeal to her decency, I'm sure she has none." He snorted, derisively.

"You shut your face, you bastard!" Isabella shrieked, but then she seemed to recompose herself for a moment.

"This seems racially motivated." Curtis muttered underneath his breath causing Tamara to stifle a laugh, despite the dire circumstances the two were in.

"No matter. You're both going to be wishing you were dead by the time I drag that scum Castle here."

"Okay sex trafficker." Tamara spat, voice laced with venom.

"If only I cared for opinion. Which I don't."

"Well, it's not an opinion is it? It's a fact." Tamara responded.

"You know Miss Blake, I do my homework. And I wonder how the daughter of a senator who attended a prestigious school...party girl ended up entangled with a meathead like Frank Castle. Then I remember he has this particular habit which wears my nerve thin of playing white knight and you just happened to be the damsel in distress."

Tamara snorted.

"You don't know me. You see things that any person that sets their watchdogs for like three months would see. And Frank Castle just happens to be a good person, it isn't an act. It's something he feels deeply about. Protecting innocent people by reaching the core of the problem, ergo SCUM like YOU." Tamara stated.

"I don't regret meeting him. It was nice meeting him. Nice as well as psychologically scarring and I will probably have night terrors for the rest of my life, but nice for the most part." She sighed.

"That little monologue of yours would be heartwarming, if I cared." Isabella stated.

Tamara looked at the bubbling bucket of acid next to Isabella's feet. Then looked at her.

After the amount of scrapes she'd been in for the past few months, this was the first time she felt genuinely petrified.

A wallowing hole was beginning to form in the pits of her stomach, and beads of sweat trickled down her forehead. Looking down at the floor, and some blood had dripped onto the ground.

She had to reassure herself but it was difficult, because her body was starting to give away.

As if she was about to pass out. Feeling as helpless as she did when Bobby had pinned her down that night. And that all she could do was kick and wail. Now she was back in the same position.

Why? Why was the members of this family so insistent on ruining her life? Even if it was Frank's trouble that she somehow got herself entangled in, she was always paying the price for it. 

All of a sudden, the walls began to crumble and a deafening CRASH! echoed throughout the building. It was a van, barrelling towards Isabella. She simply let out a shrill shriek and didn't even move. The van hit her, and all they could hear was a sickening pop.

The van's door swung open, kicked by a heavy combat boot.

Frank immediately rushed towards Tamara, after cutting Curtis free. He kissed her hard, holding the sides of her face.

"I'm so sorry, Tamara.."

"Sorry for what?"

"I wasn't there I-"

With the last of his strength, Tamara within the corner of her eye one of the goons picking up the bucket and advancing towards the two. Without a second thought, she shoved Frank away hard, he was taken off guard and fell back into the ground.

And it happened. She tried to block it but it still hit her hands and face. The most blood curdling, ear splitting scream arose from her and she collapsed onto the floor. Feeling the acid scald her skin.

Her palms flattened as she slammed onto the concrete ground. It was as if time began to slow down when he realised what had just taken place.

"NO!" Frank roared.

A/N:

....so hey 😭

I'M SORRYY YALLLLL OMFFG i missed u all ofc and sorry for removin this book n leaving u guys on a cliff hanger for more than two years or so...💀

u guys are PATIENT good lord. hope u enjoyed this kinda, its really rushed and um...tamara being a total mess for six pages which i relate to. anyways thank u for reading <3