Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Familiarity ceases to exist in a facility such as this.

White spheres are now clamped on my own wrists as a safety precaution as I am transported across the facility by a group of Warrior escorts. I try not to be smug as the thought dawns on me that I am cuffed simply because the Jotunn don't even know what I am capable of. It makes me feel almost superior. I was sent out to recruit a few specific Warriors along the way as a rescue mission to save our asses and possibly bring my father back to his senses. This plan is ridiculous and crazy and it might not even work, but I don't know till I try. And if, say, it doesn't work, then I might as well die trying. Right now my top priorities is to get Casper out alive and get my father back. It didn't matter to me whether or not I made it out alive as long as Casper and my father are safe.

I clear my throat. "Excuse me?" I glance to the Warrior walking alongside me on my right.

"What?" It rasps. The voice is definitely that of a male.

"I'm in need of a certain Warrior." I cock my head. "Not that you aren't satisfactory or anything, because you are, but..."

"What makes you think you have the right to demand such things?" He retorts.

"Because I am your guest of honor, the one who brought you these fugitives." I reply.

He is silent for three seconds before nodding. "Who do you seek?"

"Her name is Ariel." A smirk broadens on my chapped lips. "Ariel Lavina Monroe."

+++

I don't remember what happened after my request, because I was sedated once more. I awoke on the same surgical table from before. My cuffs were gone but in return the straps were back, placed across my forehead, my wrists and ankles, my chest, and this time an extra strap placed across my abdomen. I groan and struggle for a good twenty-seven seconds before I come to the conclusion that I can't break free from these bonds on my own.

The doors to the room slide open with a whoosh after one thousand, one hundred and twenty-seven seconds of waiting. I expect to see my father standing there in his menacing eleven foot tall stance, but it's a shorter Warrior that greets me. However, the Warrior doesn't strike me short enough to be Ariel. I know that the people in the suits have their limbs stretched as a form of final torture, but Ariel didn't have very long limbs to begin with, so she had to be much shorter than the rest of the Warriors.

"Can I help you?" I say with a cocked brow.

"Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back." The rough voice says. "Had to see the girl the entire facility speaks about." I can tell it belongs to a female, and I know exactly who the voice belongs too.

"Oh, hey Calyx."

The Warrior falters, her helmeted head tilting to the side. "How do you know of me?"

"Take off the helmet. Make yourself at home and we will have a chat. Not like I can do much else." I attempt a shrug but my restraints keep me from doing so.

The helmet clicks at it unlatches. She holds it beneath her armpit, those hypnotizing gray eyes looking back at me, the Good Jotunn herself standing there, flummoxed. It's too bad that she isn't the Good Jotunn she once was, now she's just a Jotunn and there's nothing good about that.

"Better question, now that I think of it." Her voice is deep, signifying her change over to a Jotunn. There's even a scar along her neck to prove of the transformation. "Do I know you?"