Chapter 38- One Last Time

Start from the beginning

When we got out of the car we rush inside, since snow was still falling hard. Sucks that we couldn't get another day off. I walk up to my locker first dispensing my snow covered jacket in my locker, and then grabbing my books. Instantly, I saw a blond running to me, throwing herself at me.

"Kimmy Kins!" She squeals, hugging and jumping. Too excited for a Monday morning in school.

"Katie Koo!" I laugh, trying my best to hug her as she tightly embraced my body.

"Oh my God, I haven't seen you since the Christmas party!" She frowns slightly, shaking me by my shoulders.

"Well no one ever called me to hang out." I tease, shaking her back. "Besides, I figured you were locked up getting cozy with-"

"Oh hush!" She smirks, elbowing me in the side.

"Wow, no hug for me Kate? What has this world done to you?" Asher bantered, leaning against my locker.

"Oh I'm so sorry Asher that Katie World doesn't revolve around you." She plays dramatically, moving me to the side a bit to hug him too.

"So where's your boy toy?" He chuckles, earning him a slap on the head from Katie. Still didn't stop the blush from rising to her cheeks.

"You mean your best friend?" She corrects, "He's stopping somewhere to get coffee before he comes in."

"Call him! Right now! Tell him to get me one." I shout to her frantically, still feeling mentally exhausted.

She laughs, taking out her phone to call him. Luckily, he was still there, "Coffee addict Kimberly over here wants a coffee too. "So where's Spencer? Is he back from Florida yet?" Katie asks, looking around for him.

"Oh, um, I forgot to text him this morning. Last time he texted me was yesterday before he got on the plane." I shrug closing my locker.

"Well Maddi texted me saying she needed more shopping time scheduled. Apparently her mom saw those leather boots she got from Aldo and wants them." She tells me.

"You talked to Maddi?" Asher repeats, puzzled.

"Yeah. We're shopping buddies now." She informs him excitedly. "She was in Florida too actually," Katie points out, looking to me, "Yeah, her mom and brother, Ben, by the way such a cutie. We Facetimed. Met over there. I think she still has, like, close family members and friends there so they spent the holidays together."

"Huh, wonder if Spencer and her knew and met up." Asher points out, looking over to me. I shrugged my shoulders, not knowing a clue about them meeting up. It was never mentioned.

"Coffee boy has arrived." Tyler announced, in a deep voice, holding a tray of coffee.

"Life saver!" I sang grabbing a coffee from his hand.

"That one was for Katie, but OK." He surrendered, watching me viciously holding the coffee between my hands and shooting daggering looks at him when trying to take the caffeine back. "Ash man, nice to see you." He greets doing that hand shake thing that all guys seem to have mastered.

"You too, King. Looks like you're not doing half bad." He teases, winking over to Kate who ignored him.

"Ew, this is the gross gas station coffee from across the street, isn't it?" I complained, turning up my nose after the first sip. Katie did that same, looking at the coffee cup disgustedly.

"It's all the same," Tyler says rolling his eyes, "if it has caffeine then you'll live through the day."

"Tyler, did your brother come in yesterday?" Katie asks standing next to him closely.