Voldemort's wrath

I was glad that Harry and his friends had got away, but I just wished he'd thought more about the people he was leaving behind.
When Voldemort arrived, and found that Harry Potter had escaped again, he was angrier than I had ever seen him before.
He summoned all those in the house at the time, including Greyback, into the drawing room. This was when we found Wormtail, dead, when we had gone looking for him. Strangled by his own hand, by the looks of things, which explained how Harry had managed to obtain a wand.
After killing all the Snatchers outside, Voldemort had lost some of his anger. But he was still mad. With all of us, including Bellatrix.

We all stood in a line, as if waiting for our execution, while he paced in front of us. This was the first time, I had felt sure, that I would be killed.
"I am very dissappointed in you all. You summon me back here, to tell me that Harry Potter escaped your clutches, once again" he said, so quietly, it was almost a whisper.
Villians that shout when they're angry aren't half as intimidating, as those who don't need volume, to inspire fear.
My heart was pounding so fast, that I was scared I might have a heart attack.
If any of us, said the wrong thing, he could flick his wand, and kill us all.

"You had Potter here, as your prisoner. And you let him slip through your fingers. Taking 6 other prisoners with him, including the wand maker. And you don't even know how he did it" spat Voldemort.
"My Lord. It was the house elf. He helped them escape" explained Bellatrix.
Voldemort turned to me. "Your house elf?".
"No... My Lord. My house elf is female, and she did not assisst Harry, in his escape" I replied.
He stared into my eyes, trying to see if I was lying. But I had no secrets in this matter, as I hadn't helped Harry.
"You went to see Potter in the cellar" said Voldemort a few seconds later.
The Malfoy's looked at me, horrified by my actions.

"I spoke to him, yes. But I did not help him escape. As you know, My Lord, I have no wand, so I would have been unable to perform magic, or summon an elf that is not mine" I answered.
He turned his attention to Lucius. "Did this house elf belong to you?".
"M- my Lord, I did not see. I had been stunned by the Potter boy. But from what my wife says, it sounds like my ex- house elf, Dobby. He was freed, when Potter tricked me, into giving him a sock" Lucius answered.
"That explains how he knew the Manor so well, and was able to help Potter escape. Did the boy take anything else?".

"Um. My Lord. The boy has my wand, and Draco's, and Wormtail's" said Bellatrix quietly.
"I see. I don't suppose any of you know where he is headed?" Asked Voldemort.
"He- he might try and get into my vault, My Lord" replied Bellatrix.
This seemed to concern the two of them, for reasons that I did not know. Why Harry would want to go to Bellatrix's vault, when he has heaps of his own gold, I didn't know.
Voldemort drew his wand, stretching my nerves to breaking point.
Luckily he did not aim his anger at me. Bellatrix fell to the floor, screaming, and writhing in pain.
Unable to look at her, me and Draco stared at the wall, opposite us.

When Voldemort felt like she had suffered enough, he lowered his wand.
"This little escapade, is embarrassing. Potter is a child, and you let him escape. You aren't worthy enough to be in my inner circle" he spat.
"My Lord. It wasn't all my fault. Have mercy. Please forgive me. I will make it up to you, I swear" begged Bellatrix.
"Be quiet Bella. I didn't come all this way to hear your excuses... But this cannot be ignored. You must all be punished for losing Potter... Be thankful that I am such a merciful Lord, and will let you leave here with your lives".

Several hours later, me and Draco sat on his bed, dabbing ointment onto our wounds. We had been tortured, and burned, leaving us with scars, that I thought would stay with us forever.
The Dark Lord had let us all live, but it was clear that he had no use for us any more.
He had forbidden all the Malfoy's, including Bellatrix, from leaving the house. Which didn't really affect me, as I wasn't allowed to leave the Manor anyway.
But I was worried that he wouldn't let me and Draco return to Hogwarts. If he was still angry with us in a weeks time, then we might be stuck in the Manor, forever.

Thankfully, he decided that me and Draco were not to blame for his parents failings. So he sent a group of Death Eaters to escourt us to the train station.
Meaning that we had to say our goodbyes to Narcissa, at the Manor. As she was still house bound. And we didn't know when she would be allowed to leave.
I hated to leave her behind. But I had no choice. I had to return to Hogwarts, to finish off my school year.