Blood Red

My day had started off pretty normal, until I heard the screaming.
I had been walking along one of the corridors, when Moaning Myrtle suddenly appeared, coming out of the boys bathroom.
I didn't see her very often, as I always avoided the bathroom, that she resided in. But I still recognised her.
She was screaming at the top of her lungs (if she even still has them, being a ghost and all) but it took a few moments for me to realise what she was saying.
"Murder! Murder in the bathroom! Murder!" She screeched.

Now, despite going to a very dangerous school, this was not a common sight. Which is why everyone in the corridor began to surge towards the bathroom, to see what had happened.
Snape pushed passed us and told us to go back to our dormatories, but not many people followed his order.
As he pushed open the bathroom door, I saw Harry kneeling beside a bloody body. So I decided to go inside, even though it was a boys bathroom.
What I saw, made me scream almost as loud as Myrtle.

Draco lay on the floor, covered in blood, and sobbing. His chest looked as though it had been sliced at by a knife.
Snape knelt over him, and began muttering an incantation, that I assumed was some kind of counter-curse. This seemed to do the trick, as the wounds seemed to be knitting back together, and the colour began to return to Draco's face.
I looked over at Harry, who still had his wand drawn, and I assumed that the two had been dueling. The exploded sink, and puddle of water, also added to this theory.

Harry seemed as shocked as I was, at what he had done, that he didn't even notice that he was covered in blood and water.
Once the initial fear had worn off, and it looked like Draco was going to make it. I turned on Harry.
"How could you?" I shouted, as Snape conjured a stretcher beneath Draco.
Harry didn't seem to know how to answer.

Moaning Myrtle was still wailing and sobbing overhead, which was starting to piss me off.
"And you can shut up and all!" I yelled at her.
I turned back to Harry, forgetting about magic, as I wanted to hurt him for what he had done. So I picked him up off the floor, and shoved him into the wall.
"What were you thinking? Didn't I tell you to leave him alone? How could you do this to Draco, when you know how I feel about him?" I questioned angrily.

Harry remained silent, which angered me more.
"Answer me!" I demanded.
"Calm yourself Miss Rosier. Or I shall be forced to put you in detention as well as Mr Potter" said Snape calmly.
"Yes Professor" I spat, stepping back from Harry.
"And you Potter. You are to stay here, while I take Mr Malfoy to the hospital wing. Oh, and Miss Rosier, try not to kill him while I'm gone" commanded Snape.
I glared at Snape, but nodded.
Snape flicked his wand, causing the stretcher to hover out of the room, leaving me and Harry alone.

My wand felt heavy in my hand, and I didn't even remember taking it out of my pocket.
"I'm sorry" said Harry quietly.
"Yeah, well sorry isn't going to help Draco, is it?" I replied.
"I didn't mean to do it. I didn't know what the spell did"
"So you just thought you'd try out a new spell on him, did you?"
"We got into a fight, and I thought I would see what it did"
"Ha, well, now you know"
"If I had known what would happen, I never would have done it"
"Oh I doubt that very much, I know how much you hate him"
"I hate him. But I never wanted him dead. Even if he was going to use the Cruciatus Curse on me"
"I don't believe that he would do that, for a second. You are just trying to justify your actions".

"I told you I'm sorry. What more can I do, to make this right?" Begged Harry.
"There is nothing you can do to change the past. You should know that by now. What's done is done, and there's no going back... I can never forgive you for this" I snapped.
"Zoe..."
"Don't Zoe me. You did this. Not me. You tried to kill the boy I love. And I will never forget that. And I will never forgive".
Snape stepped back into the bathroom, holding the door open.
"If you wouldn't mind, Miss Rosier. I need to have a word with Mr Potter" instructed Snape.
I gave Harry the coldest glare I could muster, before leaving the bathroom, and heading to the hospital wing.

I entered the hospital wing, and saw Madam Pomfrey leaning over Draco, who lay in one of the beds. I began to approach them, watching the matron bandage up Draco's bare chest.
"How is he?" I asked.
She turned to face me, and sighed.
"He'll live. And if we're lucky, he might not be scarred permanently. As Professor Snape managed to get him here very quickly, which will have made all the difference".
I let out a sigh of relief. Draco wasn't going to die.
I had felt so sure he wouldn't make it, when I saw him lying in a pool of his own blood. But Madam Pomfrey was very skilled, and she had been able to save him, with Snape's help.

"I don't suppose you know how this happened?" She asked me.
"Not exactly. But I know who did it. It was Harry. He's the one who almost killed Draco" I answered.
Madam Pomfrey gasped.
"Harry Potter did this?".
"Yes. Professor Snape is dealing with him now"
"I never thought Mr Potter could do a thing like this"
"No, neither did I".

I took a seat beside Draco's unconscious body, and began to stroke his forehead. Getting his hair out of his eyes.
"Thank you. Thank you for saving him" I said to Madam Pomfrey, tears streaming down my face.
She handed me a tissue, and I dabbed my eyes. I expect that I looked like a right mess, but I didn't care.
"You're welcome my dear. But I am only doing my job" she replied.
"Well, you deserve more credit for what you do. You really are a life saver".
I lent over the bed, and kissed Draco's lips gently.
"Come back to me" I whispered.
"I love you" I told him, unsure whether or not he would get the message, as he wasn't exactly awake.
But magic can do things, that you don't expect. So maybe he did get my message.