The Inquisitorial Squad

When I woke up the next morning, the whole school was buzzing. Dumbledore had apparently taken the fall for starting the DA, instead of Harry. And he had fled Hogwarts last night, with the Minister for Magic hot on his tail.
This meant that the troll, Umbridge was now the Headmistress of Hogwarts. Which was bad news, for everyone.
Once I was dressed, I also found a note waiting for me, on the noticeboard, in the Ravenclaw common room. It said that Umbridge was expecting me in her office, first thing.
This did not fill me with confidence, but I knew I had no choice, but to follow her demands, or face detention.
As the note had said her office, and not the Head's office, I felt happy knowing that even Hogwarts didn't want her to be Headmistress.

When I reached the Defense Against the Dark Arts office, I knocked softly, hoping she wouldn't hear me. I heard a little voice on the other side, telling me to come in, and I  groaned, before pushing open the door.
Umbridge sat behind her desk, wearing one of her most disgusting pink outfits. She smiled sweetly, and pointed to the chair opposite her.
I closed the door behind me, and headed for the chair. I wasn't sure what to expect from Umbridge, since I hadn't had many interactions with her.
She was my teacher, but I had never been in one of detentions yet, so she hadn't had the chance to get to know me.

"Good morning Professor" I said, trying to start the meeting out positively.
"Good Day, Miss Rosier. I expect you are wondering why I asked you here, on this fine day?" She asked.
I had a hunch it was something to do with the DA, but I couldn't be sure, and I didn't want to tell her that.
"I was curious, yes Professor"
"Well, as I'm sure you are aware. An illegal meeting took place last night. Your old Headmaster was forming an army, that he intended to use against the Minister for Magic.
I managed to find a list of attendees at this meeting, and your name appears on the list".
I swore inside my head, wishing that someone had thought to take the list down from the notice board, before we all fled from the Room of Requirement.

"I intended to give all those on this list, a detention, later today. But Mister Malfoy, claims that you were only there to spy on Mister Potter, at his request. So you shouldn't be punished along with the rest of the rule breakers" explained Umbridge.
My heart skipped a beat. Draco had been trying to protect me, despite the way I had treated him. I didn't know if this was something his parents wanted him to do, or something he had chosen to do.
"I have looked at your file, and found that you appear to be a very good student. You have had no previous detentions before, and you recieve regular one-to-one lessons, with professor Snape, who speaks very highly of you" continued Umbridge, flicking through the papers in front of her.
"Yes that is true Professor" I admitted.

"So you admit that you are loyal to the Ministry, and were only following Mister Malfoy's request, last night?" She quizzed.
I nodded. "Yes Professor. The whole thing was Draco's idea, I wouldn't have been there, if he hadn't had suggested it first. I would never willingly break a school rule, or Ministry Decree".
"That is a relief to hear. It is good to know that we have some loyal students at this school"
"Thank you Professor".

Umbridge pushed away my file, and interlocked her chubby fingers, placing them on top of the desk.
"Now that I am Headmistress, I am going to need supporters like you. I have even created my own Inquisitorial Squad, made up of loyal students, like Mister Malfoy. To help me run this place.
These select students will be above Prefects, and will be able to take house points from any student, no matter what house they are in. How would you like to be a part of this group?".

I couldn't think of anything worse, but I couldn't tell her that. Especially after she just stopped me from getting a detention. I needed to stay in her good books.
"I would love to Professor. However, I think it would be quite hard to keep tabs on Harry Potter, if I was a part of this group. Becomming a member, would make me hated by everyone, and I would never be able to get close to Harry again" I replied.
"That is an excellent point Miss Rosier. You are quite right of course. We shouldn't bring attention to the fact that you are going undercover for me, and the Malfoy boy.
You may go now. But I expect regular reports from you, regarding the young Mister Potter".

I nodded my head respectfully, and headed out of the room, planning to find Draco at once, and thank him. I was so greatful for what he had done.
But he had now put me in a difficult position, as Umbridge now expected regular updates, on what Harry and his friends were up to. As well as Voldemort and the Malfoy's.
I had no idea, how I had ended up spying for so many different people at once. But I didn't like it.