Students had started to disperse by the time Cameron walked up to us, his expression brooding and his brown lips pulled into a thin line.

"Brother, that little act of heroism was totally unnecessary." Carter threw a wary glance at him - his clenched jaw glinting under the sunlight.

I turned to glare at him. "What do you mean? That guy there was going to commit suicide. He saved a life, and you think it was unnecessary?"

"I don't care about that." He replied without looking at me.

"Well then what do you care about?"

"Stay out of this, Hazel," He snapped at me - his blue eyes gleaming dangerously.

Shooting a final glare at his brother, he sauntered away - followed by Christina who fired me an apologetic glance.

I glanced at Cameron to see him sighing wearily - dejection and guilt written brightly across his face. And before I could get my word out, he walked away in the path of his siblings, leaving me baffled.

Something super fishy just happened here.

Holly Heads was the town's crowd magnet. Not because it had exquisite facilities or anything, but because it was the only place where people could chill. Whether be it a social event or an everyday diner, there wouldn't be a single day where Holly Heads wouldn't be crowded. I don't think I would be much surprised if I heard someday that a wedding even took place there.

"Hey, beauty. How are you doing?" Latan asked while I placed the recently cleaned plate on the granite counter.

"Not really great," I answered while he wrapped his strong arms around me - the strong scent of cigarettes flaring up my nostrils.

Latan was a really good friend of mine. Well, we were kind of like friends with benefits.

I ran my hand through his golden-brown long hair which reached just up to his chin.

He leaned down to kiss me, but I stopped him. "Hey not here okay? You know I hate PDA."

"Who cares Kris?" he asked, smirking at me.

Gripping my waist tightly he pulled me closer. He dipped his head to the croon of my neck and I could feel his warm breaths fanning my skin.

"No L. No," I breathed out placing my hand on his chest - feeling the slow rise of his sculpted chest.

I heard him groan. But nonetheless, he pulled himself away.

"Ugh. Fine." He ran a hand through his hand - a sign of frustration. "You know you're becoming boring."

I felt a prick of anger burn me.

"Well then don't stick around." I threw the words distastefully at him before exiting the room.