52

Mason stands up on a hill overlooking the estate and Lewis comes up to his side as Mason comments.

"did you release the horde?"

Lewis nods his head and comments.

"yes but why did you want to add more to the estate their were already so many."

Mason looks over the large amount of walkers in the courtyard to the estate and nods his head agreeing.

"no enough I want rick's group tested, really tested. I want scouts surrounding the area and I want every single movement documented. If one of them breaths wrong during it i want to know. Every single mistake documented and delivered to me"

Lewis nods his head and looks over Mason.

"your testing them?"

Mason looks to Lewis and questions.

"what did you think this was Lewis? I need to know who is reliable and who is just a liability. if they can't survive this they can't survive alpha"

Lewis stays quiet and looks to Mason.

"i want to go I know this is a test Mason but i want to get those journals first. I don't want them to even get a peek inside those journals or even a glimpse of the maps. I'll go even without your permissions..."

Mason stares to Lewis and comments.

"you could die in there..."

Lewis nods his head.

"i could die out here, i could die anywhere but in their I die for something..."

Mason stares over the horde and nods his head as he looks over his best friend.

"don't get killed if you feel its too dangerous just run away they are't important.."

Lewis nods his head agreeing and looks over Mason.

"they are people though so I don't know if i could do that sort of thing I'm not Konnor..." 

Mason laughs staring down Lewis.

"you say that like its a bad thing Lewis."

Lewis stares over his best friend and comments.

"sometimes it is. the shit he has done Mason I couldn't have killed those kids."

Mason nods his head and looks over Lewis as he comments.

"neither could he."

Lewis stares down Mason and Mason taps Lewis on the shoulder as he comments.

"one foot in front of the other Lewis running is always an option."

***

Lewis arrives with a few men in front of the hilltop and rick comes out eyeing over Lewis.

"what are you doing here?"

Lewis stares down rick as he comments.

"its time to pay your due to Mason. we clear the estate today, all of it, every fucking walker then Mason will see you."

Lewis motions back to a small group and nods to Rick.

"this is a good group of guys who are all willing to die today. I want you to succeed Rick because your good people"

Lewis walks down the road with rick and his group but stop hearing a loud sound and eyes the truck stop in front of them and Lewis watches the whisperers get out of the truck. They step forward and motions to the truck.

"all of you will get inside the truck..."

Lewis goes for his gun and the whisperer points his hand.

"no, no weapons..."

The whisperer surround Lewis and rick and slowly take their weapons from them and lewis stands there eyeing the whispererers around him as he asks.

"what is this?"

A group comes out of the woods and the whisperer nods his head to lewis.

"he wants to see you, all of you.."

Lewis, rick are pushed into a truck and lewis glances up eyeing the man with flesh covering his face as he talks firm.

"Lewis, and rick?"

Rick glances up eyeing the man in covered in blood as he talks firmly.

"name Garrett i control a small branch of whisperers ones who don't answer to alpha and I want to make a deal with you, both of you..."

Lewis stays on the floor eyeing the man as the man turns his head staring down rick.

"your peoples seem like good people but your starting a war you ca't win but you could win it if you don't fight it alone."

Garrett stares down rick as he demands.

"their are journals inside the estate specific journals you get them for me and my men will help you defeat alpha"

Lewis comments staring down Garrett

"those journals aren't yours.."

Garrett nods his head agreeing with Lewis but ignores him speaking to rick.

"we will hold Lewis here he will only cause issues for you and you rick and your people you can get us what we need after alpha dies her men will fall in line with mine.."

Rick stares down the man and the man steps up to him commenting as he raises his hand towards Rick.

"do we have a deal?"

Rick stares it down and Lewis comments staring down Garrett as he stares back to rick.

"rick, don't do this you don't now what are inside those journals the whisperers or even these guys they can't get those journals..."

Lewis is his on the back and falls forward as Garrett shakes his head commenting looking down at Lewis.

"you don't know what the estate has done rick they take innocent kids from their families and they make them animals worse than alpha and worse then Negan. If mason gets those journals back Rick we will all have a lot worse to fear than the whisperers, or Negan. Something worse is out there something we haven't seen yet. Those journals mean our survival rick and i sure as hell want to survive, don't you?"

Rick stares down the man's hand and Garrett motions down to Lewis.

"i'll keep him here once you get me those journals he can be released back into society for now we will keep him under watch to make sure he doesn't do stupid shit..."

Rick leaves the truck and the few men dressed in walker skin motion to him and he walks back to his group as he turns back eyeing the men drenched in blood. He watches them get back into the truck and the truck drives off disappearing down the long road. Rick motions to his group commenting.

"we are gonna clear the estate, all of it..."