12

jade stands at the window looking at the fading green grass and hears screams.

"the saviors are here"

she turns back watching the doors busted open and two men walk through. jade turns her head but watches lewis step forward nodding to the men.

"gentlemen no need for that we are loyal to negan-"

one of the men tell.

"cut the bullshit-"

a guy jams his rifle into lewis face and lewis shakes his head laying on the floor yelling towards the men.

"this isn't necessary  we are loyal to negan. mason has always done the right thing-"

the guy shakes his head.

"negan knows everything Evan and the exiles turned on you guys"

lewis shakes his head

"the exiles are lying-"

the guy punched lewis in the face and jade stands there watching as lewis whispers.

"what do you want"

the guy grins looking down at lewis

"payment we are here to collect supplies and weapons and your people will comply. we are also here to set an example and he told us to ask you for help on that-"

lewis looks up at the men and nods his head

"i will do whatever negan wants-"

the man smiles down at lewis

"good you get to pick who dies then-"

the man grips lewis by the collar and drags him out of the room. the man stops yelling.

"grab that girl too!"

jade is grabbed by a man but shoves him away. the man laughs and smacks her in the face hard. she falls back to the floor and grabs her face but breathe out feeling herself kicked in the ribs.

lewis yells

"stop! she won't fight back i'm in charge here."

the man holding onto lewis nods his head

"then keep her in line or she will be the first one killed today-"

jade flinches feeling herself dragged up by her hair. she groans as the man drags her behind Lewis out into the fading green lawn. they stop by the pool pit and she looks down eyeing a group of boys. she turns eyeing Lewis and he nods to her. the man gripping Lewis releases his hold and points down to the pit.

"get in."

Lewis turns back feeling himself kicked in the gut and falls back to the bottom of the pool pit. he coughs out feeling himself helped up by a few boys. he looks around eyeing the group of men staring down at him and hears the boys in the pool whispering.

"what's going on?"
"why is Negan doing this?"

Lewis nods to himself and turns around gripping one of the boys by the shoulder and whispers

"pass it on tell people to circle and link up, now, young kids in the middle!"

Lewis pushes the younger boys to the middle and the older boys circle around them. Lewis grabs one of the younger girls and bends down in the middle with her. she looks to him smiling kindly and whispers

"won't negan save us?"

Lewis shakes his head hugging the girl and whispers

"negan isn't our friend anymore"