Chapter Thirty-Seven: Unfortunate

~Ray...

"Wea she at?" I growled, busting through mahlik's door.

"She in ma room, bra.... Chill"

"The fuck she doin' in yo room?" I said getting in his face. "She coulda did fine on the couch. Matta uh fact, why you ain't call me ta come get ha?"

"The fuck you in ma goddamn face fa? I did yo ass a favor"

I eased him up and down, leading myself up to his room to find her sitting on his bed in some real skimpy clothes and a jacket.

Too big to be her's and it definitely wasn't mine.

"Let's go"

Once she looked at me, I could tell she wasn't in her right mind. She kept squinting at me like she couldn't really open her eyes much.

Her hair was rolled up into a messy ass ponytail and if I wasn't mistaken, from where I stood, she didn't have a shirt on underneath the jacket.

"Ray-"

"Don't say nothin' " I cut her off. "Let's go"

She held her hand up for me to stop talking and followed my instruction as she left the room..... She smelled like she took a swim in a pool of alcohol I thought as she passed me by.

Once we were down stairs, I saw mahlik and his mama sitting on the couch... Looking back me blankly.

I nodded slightly at him and he nodded back. That was our little way of making up from that little argument we had earlier... He knew I didn't mean to come at him like that but I was on edge.

"Did you hear from him yet?" Mahlik's mama asked sympathetically.

"Naw" I said looking towards the ground. "Naw, we haven't"

"He'll be back home soon, Raquan... Have faith"

All I could do was look back at her, praying silently to the mighty man above that she was right.

My gut was screaming that something went terribly wrong and my gut was never wrong but just this once, I wish it was.

'You needa make it home, Day'shawn... Come home'

I nodded and with that I left out of the house, grabbing terrine's arm in the process. I practically dragged her down the street back to my house.

No one was home and I was thankful for that cause it was about to get really loud once terrine and I made it back to my room.

"Owwww, ray-" She tried loosening my grip on her arm. "RAY, your hurting me!"

I used her to push through my bedroom door. She winced at how hard I slammed her against the door. I let her go and closed the door behind me.

"What the hell is your problem?!" She shouted rubbing her arms.

I didn't really respond to her with anything besides an intense glare, a clenched jaw and detectable anger.

The fact that she kept rolling her eyes at me while mumbling some stuff under her breathe didn't help me to calm my nerves either.

"What you say?" I growled.

"I SAID don't you ever handle me like that again!" She snapped at me. "Are you fucking crazy?"

After a few moments, she looked into her lap, while rubbing her wrists still farely enraged by my actions but slightly ashamed at the same time, I'm assuming. I didn't care though.

"Who da fuck was you wit last night?..." I asked. "Fuckin' around wit otha niggas?"

"You really wanna play jealous right now?"